• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

woolnotmutton

Reaction score
Thomas Pink 2 ply 170s shirt.. flawless

pics to come.

Saw a Chrsitian Dior "paris" Not Mosieur overcoat... Polyester outer with wool inside. Is that considered a good Christian Dior or what? Its my size, but the lining would need minor repair so I didn't pick it up. If its worth it I might go back tomorrow. So someone please let me know.

Actually found something on this forum that tagged just like it.

http://www.styleforum.net/t/86853/fs-vintage-christian-dior-trench-coat-38r

any info on something like this?

Last edited:

antirabbit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The zegna was oldish.
I forgot, there was a Pal Zileri Sartoriale rebadged for some brand I hadnt heard of. It was amazing.

YoungAmerican

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Thomas Pink 2 ply 170s shirt.. flawless

pics to come.

Saw a Chrsitian Dior "paris" Not Mosieur overcoat... Polyester outer with wool inside. Is that considered a good Christian Dior or what? Its my size, but the lining would need minor repair so I didn't pick it up. If its worth it I might go back tomorrow. So someone please let me know.

Actually found something on this forum that tagged just like it.

http://www.styleforum.net/t/86853/fs-vintage-christian-dior-trench-coat-38r

any info on something like this?
If you can't tell whether it's worth buying or not by handling it, you shouldn't buy it.

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

^^^ Spoo is turning out to be the smartest person I know on the internet. And I dont even really know you, but your knowlege is inspiring. Maybe you have some stock tips for the rest of us.

Id suggest Apple today. And thank you for those really nice words. I appreciate it.

Yhpgf.png

You and Elizabeth Berkley...

:laugh: *waiting for Dig to make a gif...*

woolnotmutton

Reaction score
If you can't tell whether it's worth buying or not by handling it, you shouldn't buy it.

sounds good thanks :)

this is the TP shirt I picked up. :) 2nd TP I've picked up, but it seems like shirts carried by nordstrom are the highest end at the thrifts around me. Found a stained zegna once though.

Last edited:

ruben

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've seen plenty of crappy licensed Dior stuff that just says "Dior Paris" , I'd be fairly certain the raincoat you found is the same.

If it's like the one you linked to (made by gleneagles), is cheap, in good repair and it fits it wouldn't be a bad pickup.

I generally think buying stopgap things is a waste of money, but a raincoat is pretty necessary and a cheap thrifted london fog or gleneagles will at least keep you and your suit dry until you can find something better.

woolnotmutton

Reaction score
I've seen plenty of crappy licensed Dior stuff that just says "Dior Paris" , I'd be fairly certain the raincoat you found is the same.
If it's like the one you linked to (made by gleneagles), is cheap, in good repair and it fits it wouldn't be a bad pickup.
I generally think buying stopgap things is a waste of money, but a raincoat is pretty necessary and a cheap thrifted london fog or gleneagles will at least keep you and your suit dry until you can find something better.

ya.. I'm gonna go back and have a 2nd look it was by gleneagles. and $10

amadar

Reaction score
Picked up a SC and a suit today. SC is a 100% tan cotton 3btn by Piattelli for Barneys 44R.....anybody know anything about this? Looks like really good quality to my untrained eye. Suit is an older BB "hand tailored".....I'm guessing its dated by the labels, but to be honest the styling looks fairly modern to me. Awesome condition and cool color/pattern. 42L.

woolnotmutton

Reaction score
Picked up a SC and a suit today. SC is a 100% tan cotton 3btn by Piattelli for Barneys 44R.....anybody know anything about this? Looks like really good quality to my untrained eye. Suit is an older BB "hand tailored".....I'm guessing its dated by the labels, but to be honest the styling looks fairly modern to me. Awesome condition and cool color/pattern. 42L.

ha, I had to look it up to.. Bruno Piatelli

Since there are so many brands to know, I generally go by quality, and of course Barneys carries the best.

Good picksups.

Digmenow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Id suggest Apple today. And thank you for those really nice words. I appreciate it.
:laugh: *waiting for Dig to make a gif...*

I had to back off. Whenever you quote one of my pics or gifs, the bandwidth usage goes through the roof back at photobucket and they shut me down for a month. I ain't paying $25 a year for what I always got for free unless it's ATM charges from my bank!

California Dreamer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Did some idle nosing around today. One place had about half a dozen Nicky ties, also some by Z Zegna and Tino Cosma. None really grabbed me, and the Nickys looked pretty old. They also had a really nice pair of Zegna wool slacks in geat condition, but they were EU46, which I don't think I'd ever diet myself down into. Some Vestimenta wool slacks were, OTOH, way too big. So, in the end, drew a blank.

eddievddr10

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads