The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by j, Mar 2, 2005.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tonylumpkin

tonylumpkin Senior member

OK, Spoo, knower of all things Versace. Where does this little number's label fall in the Versace hierarchy? Is it even real? Finding even fake Versace, here in Pittsburgh, would be a first.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. bourbonbasted

bourbonbasted Cyber Eliitist

Sleeves are for poor people.

3. potemkin_city_limits

potemkin_city_limits Senior member

Seriously? an entire day with no posts? Didnt anyone go out and thrift today?

I found a polka dot Polo Ralph Lauren scarf, two Club Monaco OCBD shirts in my size which Im pretty positive are from their current line in stores, as well as a pair of Nudie Big Bengt jeans also in my size. Another decent day.

4. davesmith

davesmith Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

Quote:
    or warm people.

5. jkidd41011

jkidd41011 Senior member

Based on the headlight 2nd Gen. Oddly enough this has Ohio plates on it...sorry the picture quality is not better. I was in my SUV taking the picture with the phone.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 4, 2011

6. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Thats a crappy pic, but looks real from here. Thats the first line "Couture" level of Versace - the best menswear they made at the time. This is the same line as the silk shirts that are all in my eBay link go for great money on eBay. The shirt is most likely a silk crepe, those cufflink buttons (should be 3 - one at the neck, one on each cuff) are notorious for having the crystals fall out, so some may be missing. The size tag is located in the upper left hand shoulder, right on the seam. The material content tag, which should have been located right under the Gianni Versace label has been cut out, so I can't pinpoint much else for you, but my best guess is that it dates to about 1996-1997.

If you are looking to list it on eBay, try "Vintage Versace Couture Mens Silk Crystal PreDeath Shirt (size)" Make sure you feel confident in calling it silk without a content tag though first. Nice find. Im not surprised about finding it in Philly though - one of the biggest collectors I know lives not too far from there.

7. davesmith

davesmith Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

Quote:
    You are a fountain of useful information.

8. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

I know a little about a lot, and a lot about a little. :)

9. amadar

amadar Senior member

Decent 10 minute lunchbreak run again today. Stefano Ricci button down collar in my size, and a Jeff Rose button down collar, size L (a little too big for me, but looks like great quality and made in Italy). Anybody know anything about Jeff Rose stuff?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. Nataku

Nataku Senior member

Nice score on the Nudies! I've been jonsing for a pair for quite some time. There is only one store (a discount store, no less) around here that I know of that sells them.

Looks so sad. :(

If I lived nearby I'd leave a note on the windshield asking if they'd be willing to sell. Obviously I have nowhere to store it, nor the funds to pour into it. It'd probably end up at my brother's house as another "project". Maybe a good thing I don't live nearby...

11. eddievddr10

eddievddr10 Senior member

They picked up where your precious Echo left off, and you're sitting around complaining about no more Echo albums. I can't believe you don't own this fucking record.[/quote
    Thats vintage, you'll pay big!

12. caseyfud

caseyfud Senior member

There's a "Made in USA" stamp on the sole.

13. MyOtherLife

MyOtherLife Senior member

Mens.

14. jkidd41011

jkidd41011 Senior member

How hard are parts to get for these? As I drove by..it didn't look terrible if that makes sense. Looks to have the original rims which looked pretty cool.

15. jkidd41011

jkidd41011 Senior member

Here are some pix of the Florsheim Longwings I found. They are sitting in trees with conditioner applied to loosen them up. Still blows my mind how well they made these shoes.

If there is any interest let me know...I just ordered a new pair of Alden's yesterday to replace my AE Park Avenue's so I could use the extra $$$. They are 9.5D.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 5, 2011

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.