The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by j, Mar 2, 2005.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. antirabbit

antirabbit Senior member

Oh, its 72% cotton, 28% Linen, double vented, totally unlined and structured (except the sleeves), patch pockets with a besom tix pocket. Very cool satin embroidered under collar.

Chest is 23.5
    Waist is 22
    Sleeves are 26.5 with 2 inches to take in with
    BOC is 30.75

2. foodguy

foodguy Senior member

At the corner of hipster and hip replacement

i just picked up a sweater on the bay that looks exactly like this, except that it's heavy cotton. the buttons are amazing, no?

3. Manofstyle85

Manofstyle85 Senior member

I am interested, let me know...

4. AndroFan

AndroFan Senior member

Had to pass on both a Canali and Oxxford jacket this weekend (my first find of each), both because of damage (moth holes on the Oxxfod, torn lining in the pocket of the Canali) :-(. I did pick up a pretty interesting - though quite vintage - double breasted Valentino. It's a smidge too tight for me though so it's probably going to end up on the bay. Also got a really cool colored Zegna sportcoat, which may or may not end up on the bay, a beautiful Gieves & Hawkes Saville Row sportcoat, and a Burberry jacket separate. Will post pics later.

Also two pretty perfect Thomas Pink shirts and a perfect RL Polo shirt.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2011

5. 83glt

83glt Senior member

It's so not hard to determine a fake Hermes. It's very easy in fact. To pick that first one up thinking it was possibly legit is, I'm sorry, ridiculous, and a waste of $2. Now, I picked up a fake Hermes that had all those same obviously fake tags, and posted a picture here. This was last year sometime. I spent the $2 to buy the fake Hermes to show here so people would know that these tags are on fakes. I'm super stoked to see my benevolent investment has paid off. Read the thread folks. It'll save you a lot more than $2 over time.

What's the deal with Hermes ties anyway? They're so flimsy. I don't like them personally. Their "whimsical" designs are pretty lame generally (though I do fancy some of the geometrical patterns) and they are so unsubstantial. Of the dozen or so I've thrifted over the years i've kept one because i really liked the pattern. I wear it once or twice a year - and never when it's windy.

6. Digmenow

Digmenow Senior member

I'm not sure if I mentioned it before but I found a Hartmann Luggage ballistic nylon/leather duffle a couple of weeks back and copped it for the most excellent price. It has a bit of wear with some loose wisps of threads along the seams (I snipped them), the original HL lock is present but w/o key and the leather shoulder strap has a rubber? insert at the shoulder point that was so hardened by heat or age that it cracked when I first picked it up. I called Hartmann as I was told by a luggage store that the maker would take care of it. Sure will. Just $40 US.

I think I'll just let the rubber crack and fall off. Otherwise, I like it.

7. amadar

amadar Senior member

HEARTBREAKING pass today. Facconable, hand made in Italy SUPER 180's DB Suit (solid grey with faint blue stripes). Double vents, pleated, size 52L (Eu). Perfect condition. $100!!!!!! :angry: This place, while more expensive than most, NEVER prices suits more that $30 or $40......

Any thoughts, suggestions? This is made by Cantarelli, correct? Probably not my size, so I would be buying to flip, but $100? FOK

8. woolnotmutton

woolnotmutton Senior member

pass

9. Nataku

Nataku Senior member

If it were S/B, you could have probably made $50-$75 on the old B/S forum. With it being D/B and with B/S how it is now, I wouldn't bother. You'd be lucky to break even. Super 180s though.....wow!

10. amadar

amadar Senior member

^^^^^^^Thanks for the sound advice, I think I needed that before I made a rash decision on that one. I must say I had never seen/felt S 180's in the flesh before.....unreal, like a cloud really.

11. caseyfud

caseyfud Senior member

I have no idea how I'd find out; the thing is I don't think the sole is leather, which leads me to believe it isn't from a super high-end shoemaker.

12. Brianpore

Brianpore B&S (BS) ambassador-in-chief

Been a little under the weather so havnt gotten stuff posted as quick as usual, but got the first batch of stuff online.

Sportcoats - Burberry London 38S, Burberry London 38R,

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Shirts - BB 14.5-32/33, BB MTM 17-33, Hilditch & Key 17-37, Lacoste 14.5-33 "38", Yves Saint Laurent Small Polo
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

13. ChetB

ChetB Senior member

Last edited: Nov 20, 2011

14. ChetB

ChetB Senior member

Last edited: Nov 20, 2011

15. ruben

ruben Senior member

I really like the pattern on that burberry jacket.
    I disagree, some of the whimsicals are a little vinyard vine looking, but I really like the small knot the thin silk gives and the feel of the silk.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.