• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Achilles_

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Found a pair of 13 AA Hanover LB Shepard Shell Cordovan PTBs. To big for me so they will be up for sale eventually. There are some scuffs on the uppers, but there is barely any wear on the soles or insoles.

IMG_4512.jpg

Just an FYI narrow shoes are a hard sell on eBay/here on SF.

Last edited:

RebelWithACause

Reaction score
picked up a mabitex sz 36 US at daffys, up for sale or trade, just drop me a pm, look for a sz 40 US

0630c807.jpg

woolnotmutton

Reaction score
DSC_0031.jpg

Harris tweed Coat
DSC_0032.jpg

DSC_0033.jpg

DSC_0034.jpg

Oxxford Super 120's
DSC_0035.jpg

DSC_0036.jpg

DSC_0037.jpg

Oxxford Mongolian Cashmere
DSC_0040.jpg

DSC_0041.jpg

Oxxford 85% Cashmere 15% Silk
DSC_0038.jpg

DSC_0039.jpg

Hickey freeman Ltd Cashmere herringbone
DSC_0042.jpg

DSC_0043.jpg

Hermes Tie
DSC_0044.jpg

Not pictured NWOT (vent sewn shut) Polo cotton navy sport coat, Oxxford navy blazer. HSM s/c...fits well and i like the pattern......canali shirt

Typical day from Csoukoulis.. wow.

Last edited:

AndroFan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
More stuff today! Vefry nice plaid Brooks Brothers sport coat. In fantastic condition, but much too big for me at a 46R :-/:

Next, a Burberry suit, both jacket and pants. Much too small for me at a 38R though. No idea on the age, but the tag looks pretty recent, and it's in good shape overall (aside from a few loose strings). There's no branding at all on the pants, but the look to be the exact same pattern/material as the jacket, and they were included together as a set, so they're also Burberry as far as I can tell. I obviously know nothing about spotting fakes, so if anyone can tell me anything helpful from the pics, it'd be appreciated.

These pants are a mystery to me. They caught my eye as I walked past them due to the apparent quality of the fabric (ha, as if I know) and the nice design. There is no branding at all on the inside, and the only indication of a brand is on the metal clasp with a calligraphy "HF" (Hickey-Freeman??), which I've included below. If anyone could help me out with info on these, I'd appreciate it. They fit me pretty well and I like them a lot, so I think I'll be keeping them regardless, but it'd be nice to know what I have on my hands. They could be utter crap for all I know, but I like them anyhow:

This is what leads me to believe that they might be Hickey-Freeman pants, though I may be entirely wrong on that account:

Finally, fairly boring...French Cuff BB shirt, freshly dry cleaned and in fantastic condition. But alas, it's too small for me :-(.

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

the metal clasp with a calligraphy "HF" (Hickey-Freeman??)

They might not be utter crap, but they're not Hickey Freeman. (The calligraphic HF stands for something else; the name of the zipper manufacturer, I believe).

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Today: a couple of gents from Saville Row: John Cooper and some fellow named Tobias:

WjnVe.jpg

Xz7vU.jpg

ZpRt9.jpg

...an Italian-made Republican tie from Nick Bronson(?)
ExTSr.jpg

...a Robert Graham shirt 17.5/35, if anyone wants me to grab it (perhaps you could use it as a desk lamp?)
9i6aj.jpg

...and my favorite brand to pass on, the stuff of first kisses and middle school dances, still drenched in Drakkar -- TOMMY HILFIGER!
zlIdW.jpg

Word.

Last edited:

horse's_ass

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've got a couple things that i'm going to put up on B&S. I thought I'd post them here first to see if there is any interest. PM me if so.

Mint tan Oxxford hopsack blazer. 41R. Excellent styling (I know, right) and some very nice buttons.
17/34 Gitman Bros. Blue OBCD. Fits like a L in the body.
Pair of mint Bally Bendigo black loafers. 8.5D. Made in Switzerland.

Last edited:

AndroFan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cool, thanks for the info. Is there any other way I might not have considered that would help me ID the pants?

tonylamer

Reaction score
@AndroFan. Samuelsohn uses HF zippers, but every pair of Samuelsohn pants that I've seen has been set up for braces. I've also seen HF on some made-to-measure/bespoke stuff from tailors in Aurora and Sarnia (cities in Ontario for the American posters). Check the lining of pants--especially around the crotch. That won't give you the maker, but it'll at least tell you something about the quality of the suit from which they came. Chances are that they're a pair of suit pants that've been separated from the jacket.

AndroFan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't want to monopolize too much more of the space on here, so I won't post anymore about this after this one, and maybe I'll try a thread elsewhere...but here are some additional close-up pictures of the stitching, inside out, that hopefully helps in determining whether it's bespoke or not, or something else.

http://i.imgur.com/G9WZqh.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/RN1ech.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/U9j9wh.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/Y27Z9h.jpg

Yeah, they almost certainly seem like suit pants. It's probably unlikely that I'll be able to find out who makes them, I'm guessing. Oh well, they fit well, look great, and the material seems nice, so I'm more than happy to wear them. That's the point after all, right?

@AndroFan. Samuelsohn uses HF zippers, but every pair of Samuelsohn pants that I've seen has been set up for braces. I've also seen HF on some made-to-measure/bespoke stuff from tailors in Aurora and Sarnia (cities in Ontario for the American posters). Check the lining of pants--especially around the crotch. That won't give you the maker, but it'll at least tell you something about the quality of the suit from which they came. Chances are that they're a pair of suit pants that've been separated from the jacket.

Ace_Face

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

the 44r? it fits me like a glove lol dont know if that guys going to go up for sale yet.

Stare at this image and repeat after me: I will sell the 46R to Ace_Face, I will sell the 46R to Ace_Face......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads