The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by j, Mar 2, 2005.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

That will probably go for monster dough on eBay.
    Take off both prices.
    +1

2. Kunal

Kunal New Member

Just bought an awesome Amedeo Exclusive black with red polka dots tie cufflink and hanky set from beyondtherack.com today...the event last till sept 6. $24.95

Cufflinks and tie clip set....$15!

3. green_machine

green_machine Senior member

got this versace shirt today. i would never wear but it is very nice. It has a few pulls on it but is barely noticeable. probably will go on ebay.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. green_machine

along with that i got these these past 2 weeks. (not pictured: 2 coach belts, polo seersucker with flags, old school levis usa, a ton of american eagle long plaid shorts (yeah i know, but i love them).

-polo chinos, boss black label jeans, j brand size 29
    [​IMG]

- 3 polo ties (plaid one = :slayer:) barneys blue tie (italy), 2 brooks brothers, my favorite - Loewe tie with Calvary print (spain), Hickey Freeman
    im willing to trade/sell any ties except plaid polo, the loewe, and the HF

[​IMG]

Today i left about 10 brooks brothers shirts 16/36 :plain: . 1/2 inch too small. all different types, spread collars, french cuffs, oxford. 1/2 inch too small for my neck. but i got these:

-tm lewis, hackett, polo, brooks brothers, tyrwhitt, le tigre, facconable, and a sweet floral print calvin klein shirt
    [​IMG]

for sale/ trade if any one wants:

C.T. 16/36 french cuff with a kind of thin cuff. 9 inches total -mint
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

brooks brothers beige/blue/white squares - x large - mint
    [​IMG]

J brand grey 29x34 skinny 7 inch leg opening - very good, a couple small scrapes by the leg opening
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 2, 2011

5. noob in 89

noob in 89 Senior member

On the contrary, it seems like the exact kind of thing kids pay large wads of money to boutique brands for these days: slim cuts from the 70's, in classic, uber-simple designs. I'd love to see a fit pic (along with Nataku in his new vest :laugh: )

Last edited: Sep 2, 2011

6. cptjeff

cptjeff Senior member

So, you see all these posts talking about shell cordovan and whatnot thrift finds, and here's me thinking it would never happen to me. Well, I pulled out the black AE polos I found the other day, and taking a closer look at them, I realized that they're shell. And they're the pair I found in my size.

Unfortunate, the insoles are in somewhat crummy shape, with some cracking around the ball. I can't really tell how deep it is, but it doesn't go all the way through, so I globbed a bunch of mink oil into 'em, which should keep them from getting any worse.

But the lession is that good things can happen to you, too, if you wait. These are the first truly high quality shoes I've actually found, rather than bought from e-bay, in my size.

7. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

Agreed, unfortunately they are shit fabrics. Hopefully its not acrylic.

8. Ace_Face

Ace_Face Senior member

Paging John Redcorn:

[​IMG]

9. ChetB

ChetB Senior member

Last edited: Nov 19, 2011

10. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

You are about to make a fuckton of money.

11. California Dreamer

California Dreamer Senior member

Today I left behind some promising gear: Cantarelli linen blazer, BBGF suit, Dunhill shirt, Canali pants, orphan jackets by Caruso, Zegna and Cantarelli. Hopes dashed on closer inspection. :(

It was a pretty good day for ties:

L-R NWT Corneliani, Tino Cosima, Canali, Cravats of London, Turnbull and Asser
    [​IMG][​IMG]

I found a pair of Versace slacks in my size; the fabric is a blend of wool and cashmere:
    [​IMG]

An unusual find: a NWT Uniqlo T-shirt from their Manga range, featuring the art of Taiyo Matsumoto. I think the image is from Black and White (aka Tekkonkinkreet).
    [​IMG]

Lastly I picked up this old Savile Row suit. I mainly bought it to harvest the buttons, which I think are real horn. Still, I wanted to check here if anybody has heard of Scabal Savile Row. Before I destroy, I thought it best to make sure it's not some high-end item that I'd be vandalising.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

12. SpooPoker

^ Those Versace pants are fake.

13. green_machine

AWESOME! finally, i pull one over on the good will douches marking everything up but leaving this $5. any tips Spoo on listing this on ebay? is it pre-death?

14. jadough

jadough Senior member

Stopped at local private place today. Found a Burberry london shirt marked 17, a brooks brothers tie, and the gem of the day a pair of hardly worn AE MacNeil Oxfords black pebbled leather size 12 D. A size to big for me..

[​IMG]

15. SnarlPatrick

SnarlPatrick Senior member

Yesterday I found a pair of Black Alden Loafers... in size... 16.5[​IMG]

Any giants on the forums interested before I throw them on the bay?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.