• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

toscano_adottato

Reaction score
Picked up a very nice grey suit...dual vents on jacket, surgeon's cuffs, ticket pocket.. Hand stitching pretty obvious. I just need to bring up the length on the pants a bit. Suit appears to be Bergdorf Goodman's house line and it was made in Italy 99% Super 120s and 1% Cashmere. Any idea on the likely maker?

Also picked up some Allen Edmonds Weybridge in very good condition.

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Another reason why this thread is by far my fav. thread in the entire forum. Not only do you get to see some awesome thift finds by fellow members, but you pick up some tidbits of info that help with your own thrifting experience. Flipping though pants this morning and these caught my eye. Would usually pass them over at $10
eek.gif
but they were my, almost impossible to find in thrift store, size (29/30 waist) and figured worst case I can flip them for a few bucks. Should I keep them?

PS - Assuming they are real, how can you tell?
They are real - although not so collectible as the older ones. These are post-death, and not so hot. You can definitely get $40-$50 for them with some good pics, but not much more than that I don't think.

California Dreamer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

They are real - although not so collectible as the older ones. These are post-death, and not so hot. You can definitely get $40-$50 for them with some good pics, but not much more than that I don't think.

How do you tell pre- from post- death? I also have some V2 pants I was thinking of flipping, and I see a bit of it around.

eddievddr10

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

SpooPoker

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

horse's_ass

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any interest in this Harris Tweed I picked up today? Looks great, nice lapels, in good overall shape. Jacket has very nice shape. I haven't taken too much in the way of measurements, but the P2P is about 20.5.

ht1.jpg

ht2.jpg

ht3.jpg

ht4.jpg

ht5.jpg

ht6.jpg

SpooPoker

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Found an amazing RLBL jacket today!!! Sadly it is too big for me:(
Will put it on the bay if any one is interested

I may be interested pending measurements. can you PM me?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads