The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by j, Mar 2, 2005.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lin

Lin Member

always a good idea to check out the women's, i found a Hermes scarf once that i sold for $95 on the bay, i got it for $4.95!!

Great find on the Hermes scarf! I found one a while back on a clip hanger in with the placemats. Gave me achance to research fake vs. real and I was thrilled to find it was the real thing (less than $1)! I never look at the placemat section in quite the same way now.

2. Georgia

Georgia Senior member

and this awesome print

[​IMG]

Outstanding.

3. potemkin_city_limits

potemkin_city_limits Senior member

4. noob in 89

noob in 89 Senior member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Salavatore Whoosy-whatznow?

XL, linen/cotton, will trade for goodies...

[​IMG]

From the upcoming film Swag Level Midnight: vintage, union made, *deep purple*.

Smalltimer alert:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. robbie

robbie Pleading Poverty

Found a pair of sz 10 Alden wingtips today.

6. amadar

amadar Senior member

Haven't posted in a while because I took a little break from thrifting/stopped finding anything. However, I felt I had to post today what I found in a local shop that has historically produced DIDDLY for me. Polo 3 roll 2 Made in Italy 100% Flax Unstructured SC. 42R. My pictures don't capture the color at all, it is a gorgeous vibrant navy blue, just a perfect summer SC. [​IMG] [​IMG] Right next to it: not measured but probably around a 38R. [​IMG] [​IMG] And finally, right next to that, something I never would have picked up in my pre-SF days, but only picked up because it had quality written all over it. Handwork, full canvass, surgeons cuffs, beautiful flannel fabric, made in Italy......Got home and looked it up, what I found was promising [​IMG] 42R [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. dahl5yankees

dahl5yankees Senior member

Left my complaining family in the car and ran into a thrift store I've never been in tonight.
    5 pairs of Zanella pants and one pair of Ermenegildo Zegna pants, total price under $10.

8. hmmurdock

hmmurdock Senior member

Polo 3 roll 2 Made in Italy 100% Flax Unstructured SC. 42R. My pictures don't capture the color at all, it is a gorgeous vibrant navy blue, just a perfect summer SC.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

PM Sent on the Polo

9. davesmith

davesmith Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

mr amadar, you have picked up 3 fantastic jackets, you are inspiring!!!

10. Nataku

Nataku Senior member

And finally, right next to that, something I never would have picked up in my pre-SF days, but only picked up because it had quality written all over it. Handwork, full canvass, surgeons cuffs, beautiful flannel fabric, made in Italy......Got home and looked it up, what I found was promising [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Amazing finds, but this one if my favorite? Suit or jacket?
    Left my complaining family in the car and ran into a thrift store I've never been in tonight. 5 pairs of Zanella pants and one pair of Ermenegildo Zegna pants, total price under $10.
    It's changed quite a bit since I've worked there. So clean and organized. It used to be a dump. SA is trying hard to be Goodwill as of late.

11. amadar

amadar Senior member

^^^Unfortunately I believe it is an orphan, however the styling lends it useful as a SC, unless I'm horribly mistaken. i looked all over for the pants, but no dice. I'll be returning every few days to see if they are put out.

12. Navi

Navi Senior member

Man my thrift finds have been total n00b status lately, but eh... I like posting things I find that I enjoy wearing, no matter how cheap they are.. Today:
    warning: cheap items ahoy!
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Green v-neck that fits really well and is insanely comfy, a nice linen/cotton windbreaker type jacket with cool sleeve zippers n shit, track jacket, and a belt that matches the green shirt 100% perfectly [​IMG]

13. Digmenow

Digmenow Senior member

Man my thrift finds have been total n00b status lately, but eh... I like posting things I find that I enjoy wearing, no matter how cheap they are.. Today:
    warning: cheap items ahoy!
    [​IMG]

I'm not allowed to wear that color anymore.

[​IMG]

14. tonylumpkin

tonylumpkin Senior member

Polo 3 roll 2 Made in Italy 100% Flax Unstructured SC. 42R. My pictures don't capture the color at all, it is a gorgeous vibrant navy blue, just a perfect summer SC.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I just sold 2 pair of Polo, 100% Flax, Made in Italy trousers over in B&S. The fabric is incredible. It has the look and drape of high quality linen, but the hand is much nicer. Very soft and smooth. If that jacket is anything like those trousers you got a great coat.

Very nice finds on the other two items as well.

15. Navi

Navi Senior member

I'm not allowed to wear that color anymore.

[​IMG]

You can live vicariously through me, buddy!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.