• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chico2007

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Digmenow
Indeed. I'm not even putting my silk Macclesfield P.S. find in the thread as the bag overshadows anything found for the rest of the week!

Dig, you and Navi found pocket sqrs recently. Where do thrift stores usually keep them? I've never seen any.
Happy thrifting.

jobro

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Chico2007
Dig, you and Navi found pocket sqrs recently. Where do thrift stores usually keep them? I've never seen any. Happy thrifting.
Womens scarves section.

Ewath

Reaction score
Hi. Just found this forum. I have been thrift shopping for about two years. I am still new and learning to differentiate the junk from the good stuff. I decided to stop dressing like a boy and more like a grownup recently.

I found this a couple years ago before I really knew what Issey Miyake was. It is definitely dated but it fits well and the style is popular among the hipster crowd, and it is in stellar shape, looks to be worn very little. Thinking about throwing it up on Ebay. Anyways, here are some pics. I will throw up some more pictures of other finds.

Also, any advice on what to look for or brands that are/were well made would be helpful as I sift through what I own, get rid of outfits that do not work and replenish with more quality garments.

Thanks!

pneumo

Reaction score
made in Italy Johnston & Murphy, not in the greatest condition, but they were cheaper than a happy meal

6mnHw.jpg

6isAe.jpg

f2E5W.jpg

Handcuffed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can I get 3rd dibs on those AE brogues 13's if the first two in line fail to pay? :=)

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Ha, thank you both! Unfortunately, it's not my size, so today, I make myself jelly.
facepalm.gif

P.S. Holy **** on those whole-cut shoes, man. I can't believe those were found in a thrift...

TheWGP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
One small out of the way store today... a few interesting things but nothing earth-shattering:

Very recent BB polo for myself
Kid Icarus NES game either for the kids or to sell if they're not interested
Very recent BB linen shorts... waist 34. These are the exact darn thing I've been looking for for 18 months... in a waist 40-42.
ffffuuuu.gif

Recent BB Made in Italy SC, USA 39R, NWOT (basted, spare thread and buttons, no wear)

Most interestingly, though, a charcoal herringbone 100% cashmere with Zegna fabric. Appears to be made by "Schildt" for Moeller am Dammtor in Hamburg. How it wound up in rural Ohio is what I'd like to know! Figured it was worth picking up based solely on the buttery Zegna cashmere.

Seriously though, anyone know anything about Schildt? It appears to be a "Model S" from the tag, but not much else to identify it. See photo of the labels.

IMG_2823.jpg
IMG_2824.jpg

I know, I know... no Hermes or Tom Ford surprise at the bottom of this post... sorry, but this is the real world here!
laugh.gif

pnutpug

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A shout-out to all my thrifting brethren.

In a Christmas tradition, my spouse and I put together greeting cards. Like this:

QV9K0175.jpg

This year, we are planning a tennis sweater deal, featuring croquet and gin-and-tonics. But we are short a couple of tennis sweaters for our four-legged family members. If any of you-all might stumble across sweaters that could be altered to fit two (or even three--I will sacrifice a BB for the largest if I must) of our mutts, we would be much appreciative. Naturally, we are happy to pay all acquisition and shipping charges, plus a gratuity for your efforts. The sweaters can be in any condition--in fact, we would prefer stained, god-awful condition sweaters with obvious odors--things that we won't feel guilty about when we get them altered to fit a dog. Thanks for any help.

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by pneumo
made in Italy Johnston & Murphy, not in the greatest condition, but they were cheaper than a happy meal

6mnHw.jpg

6isAe.jpg

f2E5W.jpg

Ha ha, I had those identical boots, bought them new about 10 years ago. Decent shoe, wore them for years.

csoukoulis

Reaction score
not a good thrifting day.....well found some killer stuff, but some ***** decided to make a u-turn in front of me. Not bad, but irritating. However she admitted fault, and i already heard from her ins. and theyre fixing it, and paying for a rental. I wanted to get that bumper resprayed anyways LOL
ta1.jpg
ta2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads