The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by j, Mar 2, 2005.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RebelWithACause

RebelWithACause Senior member

I am also from NYC, and the thrifting is rough. However, we have tons of stores, but who has the time to get to them all. I average one good item every 5 visits and a great item every ten. I am a medical student currently studying for step 2, after thats done I plan to hit about 25 stores in one day, over all five boroughs.

2. UncleCozy

UncleCozy Senior member

I thrifted this today, I haven't seen a charvet tag like this before. Fake or real old?

Possibly a Made in USA Charvet? Or is it stated on the main label if that is the case?

3. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

Possibly a Made in USA Charvet? Or is it stated on the main label if that is the case?

We'd need to see the whole tie, lining, fabric tag, etc.

Doesn't look right to me, though. But I dont have much experience with old charvet.

4. Steve Smith

Steve Smith Senior member

The retards stapled the price tag to the collar so there's a small hole, as can be seen in the photo, but other than that it's fine. Will let it go cheap due to that. French cuffs.

Unless the staple cut threads, which is usually not the case with a shirt, you can massage the material a little bit and make those holes disappear.

5. dkoernert

dkoernert Active Member

We'd need to see the whole tie, lining, fabric tag, etc. Doesn't look right to me, though. But I dont have much experience with old charvet.
    Doesn't seem right to me either. There is no sign of a fabric tag,or country. Anyway here is a photo of the tie, and the inside. If its fake, oh well It was 50 cents. [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. ThinkDerm

ThinkDerm Senior member

I am also from NYC, and the thrifting is rough. However, we have tons of stores, but who has the time to get to them all. I average one good item every 5 visits and a great item every ten. I am a medical student currently studying for step 2, after thats done I plan to hit about 25 stores in one day, over all five boroughs.

25 in one day?[​IMG]

7. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

Doesn't seem right to me either. There is no sign of a fabric tag,or country. Anyway here is a photo of the tie, and the inside. If its fake, oh well It was 50 cents.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

No chance that's real. Its also not in very good condition...

8. RebelWithACause

RebelWithACause Senior member

^^yea, theres a little island thats not very far from my house, its called manhattan. Pickings are slim there, but we all know this is a numbers game.

9. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

No chance that's real. Its also not in very good condition...

+1 i take back my earlier assumption, thats totally fake.

10. eddievddr10

eddievddr10 Senior member

+1 i take back my earlier assumption, thats totally fake.

spoo from your avatar i couldnt tell if it was gianni or phil collins they really look(ed) alike.

11. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

spoo from your avatar i couldnt tell if it was gianni or phil collins they really look(ed) alike.

Minchia.

12. Handcuffed

Handcuffed Senior member

who can tell me when armani collezioni split from the main giorgio armani (le collezioni) line? aka is that any way to approximate the age of this jacket i thrifted two weeks ago? http://i.imgur.com/hqdlo.jpg

13. ThinkDerm

ThinkDerm Senior member

Evidence.......

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Listening to offers

these sold yet?[​IMG]

14. 951socal

951socal Senior member

who can tell me when armani collezioni split from the main giorgio armani (le collezioni) line?

aka is that any way to approximate the age of this jacket i thrifted two weeks ago?
    http://i.imgur.com/hqdlo.jpg

Girogio Armani black label has been the mainline for some odd years now

collezioni has never been mainline, always the first diffusion line, and it looks about 20 years old

15. Digmenow

Digmenow Senior member

I remembered seeing your post of these in this thread and spotted a pair on the shelf at the local GW.

Did you find out which model these were?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Some lady picked them up before I could grab them but she quickly sat them back down so I grabbed them. Not sure what size they are but they fit my size 11 feet great and they look brand new.

What should I wear these with?

Here is the Charvet tie I found earlier

[​IMG]

Those are Trickers

Based on the Last ID, they appear to be Alfred Sargents. Someone near my original post pointed it out and they do appear to match exactly, right down to the medallion design on the toe.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.