The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by j, Mar 2, 2005.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MyOtherLife

MyOtherLife Senior member

How can you tell??
    Shoes made of calfskin develop creases and micro-wrinkles, which is normal with wear, whereas shell cordovan develops rolls or bumps and no 'wrinkles' the way calf does. If you look at the photo, you'll see the rolls.

2. noob in 89

noob in 89 Senior member

3. Nataku

Nataku Senior member

I love Lacoste polos for casual summer wear. Some of their polos are cut very bizzare (very short and wide), but if you can find one with normal proportioning, they're awesome at thrift prices. The Vintage Washed ones are cool too.

That dress is crazy!

4. lilmann40

lilmann40 Senior member

I love Lacoste polos for casual summer wear. Some of their polos are cut very bizzare (very short and wide), but if you can find one with normal proportioning, they're awesome at thrift prices. The Vintage Washed ones are cool too. That dress is crazy!
    A lot of the fake Lacoste has the short and wide cut.

5. Kitontini

Kitontini Senior member

CRYING GAME LEVEL SPOILERS: [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Wow. That's a man dress...... [​IMG]

6. noob in 89

noob in 89 Senior member

Haha, it's tagged 42. But then I put it on, and it's like this tight-fitting, futuristic man cape with major hip flare; something a video game character might rock (think Dante from the Devil May Cry series) -- the kind of thing that would only seem complete if holding a deadly staff. Somehow, I don't see Lacoste being that fashuny, though.

I sort of like the boxy shorter ones, though. They're nice if you're short and don't have a six pack. [​IMG]

7. mainy

mainy Senior member

Going to boston for a few days, anybody want to PM me some decent thrifts? I'll return the favor if you're ever in the midwest [​IMG]

8. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

I remembered seeing your post of these in this thread and spotted a pair on the shelf at the local GW.

Did you find out which model these were?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Some lady picked them up before I could grab them but she quickly sat them back down so I grabbed them. Not sure what size they are but they fit my size 11 feet great and they look brand new.

Those are Trickers

9. Wolfador

Wolfador Senior member

10. clintonf

clintonf Senior member

After doing some research I think they are these http://www.orvis.com/store/product.aspx?pf_id=43CG

I think Orvis is written on the insole but part of it is a bit worn.

As mentioned before, those boots are made by Alfred Sargent, probably for Orvis.

Clint

11. Chico2007

Chico2007 Senior member

Hit a five store circuit yesterday and did pretty well. Nothing really worth bragging/pic posting (BrooksBrothers,J.Crew casual stuff)...but I did grab a shirt that looked really nice and it was half off color...on the way to the register I look at the tag, "Valentino"...at home I look more and it says ''made in Hong Kong".
    Are these quality shirts? It fits me very well and I love the color, so its a keeper, but just wondering if it was a good quality shirt.
    Spotted a nice pair of Allen Edmunds, but one size too small for me. [​IMG]

12. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Going to boston for a few days, anybody want to PM me some decent thrifts? I'll return the favor if you're ever in the midwest [​IMG]

PM'd you.

13. seanmj

seanmj Well-Known Member

14. Ace_Face

Ace_Face Senior member

I love Lacoste polos for casual summer wear. Some of their polos are cut very bizzare (very short and wide), but if you can find one with normal proportioning, they're awesome at thrift prices. The Vintage Washed ones are cool too.

That dress is crazy!

Margot Tenenbaum

[​IMG]

Lacoste shirts are so frustrating. The first one I ever got, back in 2002, is perfect for my size. I have bought three since then, all in the same size as the first, and all three shrank at least five inches in length after drying. Not so much in terms of width, just length. I just stick to the BB polos now, a lot less shrinking and cheaper as well.

15. Nataku

Nataku Senior member

So that explains why I've seen so many that looks like they were made for someone about 200 lbs and 4'8. I've seen quite a few RLPL ones like this too. Only the pique cotton ones. Wonder why...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.