• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Finally got around to putting new batteries in these after a couple years...actually forgot I had them. His and hers thrifted G-Shocks. Mrs. Jackstraw’s is the International Dolphin & Whale Conference edition. Still on the lookout for a Frogman.

View attachment 1282692

@drlivingston has not posted about this yet because he's still comatose you guys are 13 seconds apart.

What you guys think,real just vintage ?
Do the older pieces also have a serial number ?
That's a pretty crisp stamp.
View attachment 1283285 View attachment 1283286 View attachment 1283287 View attachment 1283288

100% fake

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Jackstraw001

Reaction score
10721105-7EDF-4E6D-9BA6-399B3C715357.gif

Nobleprofessor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Somebody near Seattle needs to go check out the thrift environment. I went to one store and found lots of stuff that I THINK would make good fodder. I only had about 30 minutes and I’m not buying to resell for myself. But, in one Goodwill (Capital Hill) I saw LOTS of Indochino (including NWT), TONS of J. Crew, Naked and Famous Jeans, Pendleton, lots of denim that I don’t recognize, etc. it was stuff that people younger than me like. Some of it looks like it could be profitable — just not enough for me considering would have to send it for Consignment. The biggest disappointment was shoes. The only thing is decent condition was Dr. Martens and they did have Prada, D&G, and Gucci shoes but they were in the boutique with prices between $69-89.

Also, in the few blocks I ventured around I saw a Louis Vuitton store, Zegna, Berlutti, Cuccinelli, and a huge Nordstrom store. That stuff is going somewhere. There’s a ton of money in Seattle and it’s going a young funky population with money.

CWOyaji

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
After work thrift at a store where the neighboring establishments are "Cigarettes Cheaper" and a gun store that had a promotion banner last month for "Glocktober". But it has yielded a $4 Loro Piana duffle coat, some Florsheim 97626 shell in my size and various assorted grails. Today it was this RLPL, then two hangers away a mint Golden Bear MIUSA bomber, both in my size.
IMG_1038.JPG

fullsizeoutput_2434.jpeg

I zipped up the Golden Bear and two people walked up to me from opposite directions to say how well it fit, which I thought was sweet. I'm going to throw a few extra dollars in the Salvation Army bucket this season.

Last edited:

flipstah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

jumpman1231

Reaction score
Fun story for the day... So there was an old guy with like 40 shirts in his cart and he said he flips and is making good money. Talked about Eddie Bauer and banana republic being hot for him right now... was all fun and games until he said yeah there's a nice pair of Prada pants in my cart which I'll keep bc they should be good for fishing! Doah!!! Then as I started walking away he’s talking to his phone and says Ben Sherman shirts.... encounter made me laugh, smile and cry bc they were nice Prada pants and my size!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads