• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

bpk1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Heading up to Toronto from the 20th to 23rd, and will have Friday night/Saturday free - any of the local crew have recommendations for food/things to do while we're in town? If it makes a difference, we're staying by Union Station. Might be able to work in a thrift/consignment shop stop, if anyone has suggestions there either (assuming I can convince the fiancee).

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't think that there is that many physically fit people in the entire state of Alabama.

LOL. It wouldn’t be Boulder if I didn’t chat with a legendary ultra-endurance athlete while I was there.

Edit: in the past 15 hours, I've chatted with a legendary ultrarunner, a national champion mountain biker, and a 5.15 rock climber. Just another day around here...

Last edited:

vdubiv

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hell, down here, it looks like everyone is smuggling a boulder under their shirt.
I own a house in Meridian, (guessing you're in Livingston by your User) so I can second this statement. Don't think I've ever even seen a 5k advertised outside of the Base, much less there being any ultra-endurance athletes. Closest thing we got in the area are ultra-endurance eaters.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Last edited:

ORLThrifter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hell, down here, it looks like everyone is smuggling a boulder under their shirt.
Y'all did produce arguably the greatest cross-sport athlete, Mr. Bo Jackson, in your state's defense.

But I did work out of Mobile, so I get where you're coming from lol

ORLThrifter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I own a house in Meridian, (guessing you're in Livingston by your User) so I can second this statement. Don't think I've ever even seen a 5k advertised outside of the Base, much less there being any ultra-endurance athletes. Closest thing we got in the area are ultra-endurance eaters.
Knew a "ultra-endurance eater" in AL, and we would joke with him saying, "Buffets are all-you-can-eat, not all-YOU-can-eat" when he came back with his 12th plate. Good memories.

thefringthing

Reaction score
Heading up to Toronto from the 20th to 23rd, and will have Friday night/Saturday free - any of the local crew have recommendations for food/things to do while we're in town? If it makes a difference, we're staying by Union Station. Might be able to work in a thrift/consignment shop stop, if anyone has suggestions there either (assuming I can convince the fiancee).
Get momos at Loga's Corner in Parkdale.

impuntura

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Still sealed
20191115_123948.jpg

Jackstraw001

Reaction score
Had a great time meeting up with @ATLjon for Day 2 of the Great Atlanta Consignment Sale. As noted previously, lots of very nice, very expensive stuff. My takeaway is that my expectations have been wrecked (enlightened?) by the #ThriftLife.

Didn't leave empty handed though. Snagged a few pair of nice shoe trees for $7.50 ea.

20191115_135334.jpg

Van Veen

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I’ve been sitting on a Dillard’s store closing sale for a while. Decided to pull the trigger with the latest round of markdowns.

This was the only thing decent left in my size. (I was hoping to get some dirt cheap Cremieux suits, but they were gone.) Fully canvassed.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads