• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Pyrrhomaniac

Reaction score
I cant believe Im making this post but we lost our baby last night at almost 16 years old. Could not have asked for a better passing as she was not doing well in recent months and she passed away peacefully in my arms. Im a complete mess and am devastated to the core. Please hug your furry ones tight tonight and toast one for Twinkie. here she is a few years ago as she always sat on my lap while I photographed ties. Bonus Quoddy Mocs (90% rule) in the shot for thrift relevance
View attachment 1255272
That ******* sucks. I've never owned a dog but was emotionally wrecked by a documentary about the people who try to save the LA strays: City of Dogs. They just want to love and protect their pack, and have chosen us to be their pack.

A Canuker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's brutal Spoo, all my thoughts to you and the ladies. I'll give my hound a cookie, a scratch and a good walk for you.

Thrift Vader

Forum Mechanic
Reaction score
Wings and Horns?

@Thrift Vader can you translate this Takeo Kikuchi? Is this a brand to look for or skip out on? Release the RG for this

Collateral finds are this Carhartt beater shirt I’m on the fence in keeping but this Chaps is definitely staying. Don’t normally pick Chaps but I had a vibe

View attachment 1255414 View attachment 1255415 View attachment 1255416 View attachment 1255417 View attachment 1255418 View attachment 1255419
tenor.gif

Need a better pic of the tag.

Takeo Kikuchi is a staple of the upper middle class in urban/salaryman wear.
Mostly decent stuff. like Beams.
the big Franchise brands here also outsource. to Drakes,Barbour,etc.

Jacket looks nice. more of a keeper than a seller.

Pronto Merona

Reaction score
Anyone ever run across this before? Thrifted this NWT bb tie with the tag in it’s normal place, but the tag reads like it’s for a 42Reg? Thing somebody just put the wrong tag on there at the store?
326E9F06-556F-466A-BCA9-38DC4B8D332D.jpeg

dadjeans

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone ever run across this before? Thrifted this NWT bb tie with the tag in it’s normal place, but the tag reads like it’s for a 42Reg? Thing somebody just put the wrong tag on there at the store?
View attachment 1255749
I thought it was weird when I picked up this Makers & Merchants tie a few months ago with 51 Reg on the tag. Not sure what it means but it must be fairly common.
s-l1600.jpg

Bon Vivant Life

Reaction score
I thought it was weird when I picked up this Makers & Merchants tie a few months ago with 51 Reg on the tag. Not sure what it means but it must be fairly common.
View attachment 1255764

the 42 and 51 are just part of the style/production/model code. the reg means its regular length, not xl.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
pen it appears

If legit, an official game ball would be more desirable. Possibly a WS souvenir ball as well. You’d want to get the autographs authenticated if you want to resell.

there are enough Hall Of Famers on that team that I’d think the ball would be worth something.

Now, facsimile signed balls are very common, and would be worth maybe $10. You’ll want to be certain before committing to buying the thing.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads