• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

eddiegreen

Reaction score
4F05D2C8-996A-4F7B-A0E6-C1E231232CAF.jpeg
5A0CD009-9DC9-4AB6-987B-B4D9AC8B3A26.jpeg
4F99B1B8-EDF0-4094-9777-CFB1F08458DC.jpeg

F0545235-9B81-4034-A5E7-760CB968BA9C.jpeg
755A7C81-36F1-499C-9278-B4C763ECE188.jpeg
8856EF72-5C12-43D4-B0C8-5C2B510BAE9A.jpeg

4BB5DAEB-6A96-40AC-B1AB-096BE2CC5938.jpeg

Nataku

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
what era these HBTs?
I'm thinking WWII. I think the pair that were stolen from my cart were dated 1943. This has the remnants of a label in the same area as that pair did, but it's worn beyond recognition and threadbare.

jfc that lilly might buy you a new toy car.

Wow, that good?

flipstah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was totally serious. Don't know if it had anything to do with it, but I'm really feeling it today. It's excruciating.

If you had chicken pox as a kid, get the shingles vaccine before it happens to you.
Shingles suck. Mine was stress induced. I had it and wouldn't give it to my worst enemy.

I felt exactly where my brain was split in half.

kbadgley84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking WWII. I think the pair that were stolen from my cart were dated 1943. This has the remnants of a label in the same area as that pair did, but it's worn beyond recognition and threadbare.

Wow, that good?
Yea that lily is straight fire
This HBTs I looked up and they are pretty much all dated around 1943. Do they have the star buttons? I love Finding stuff like that I’d take that over cashmere kiton any day

HansderHund

Distinguished Member
Staff member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Recent finds...

Nothing available at the moment.

Had never found it and then 3x in the last 2-3 months. This one has paperwork and the hang tag from the original store:

fullsizeoutput_10ce6.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_10ce7.jpeg

Missoni bodycon dress that I think my wife will like:

fullsizeoutput_10cea.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_10ceb.jpeg

Nothing terribly special here, and unless the price is right, I generally don't mess with too many "almost Barbours," but this one is 5XL. Having spoken to some big guys, I genuinely feel bad to hear that they can't find clothes they want to wear because those sizes are difficult to find. I grab nice looking stuff in larger sizes for this reason. I sold a size 70 Pal Zileri suit in record time to a guy that was thrilled to score his size.

fullsizeoutput_10cec.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_10ced.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_10cee.jpeg

I continue to sing the praises of vintage Benetton sweaters:

fullsizeoutput_10cef.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_10cf0.jpeg

A nice brand that I normally pass because of price-point/recognition/key word difficulty, but the last is nice on these:

fullsizeoutput_10cf1.jpeg

Not-so-special pants that were cheap enough to grab. Don Gil is a defunct menswear store that was hit or miss on design, but they did have some real winners up until the end. I was sad to see it go.

fullsizeoutput_10cf2.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_10cf3.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_10cf4.jpeg

I grabbed the Misaky because it had nice fabric, 50/50 linen/cotton denim. Thought it was interesting. Tags indicate it was made by Paoloni.

fullsizeoutput_10cf7.jpeg

DSC_0136.JPG

fullsizeoutput_10cf8.jpeg

I don't know this brand, but I wanted to try it for €1:

DSC_0138.JPG

I think this is cool:

fullsizeoutput_10cf9.jpeg

I FOUND IT! You know that special "G" area that is found on women. I FINALLY found it, and you won't guess where it is:

It turns out, the mythical GSPORT is on the bottom of their feet. Who knew?

IMG_3680.JPG

HansderHund

Distinguished Member
Staff member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Recent finds, continued...

Vintage Adidas. Shorts were from a team sponsored by a local restaurant.

fullsizeoutput_10cfb.jpeg

Made in Slovenia Universal:

DSC_0146.JPG

fullsizeoutput_10cfc.jpeg

Old school bibs, one made in Austria, the other Yugoslavia:

fullsizeoutput_10cfe.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_10cff.jpeg

Love the color of this:

fullsizeoutput_10d00.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_10cfa.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_10d0e.jpeg

Second time in the last six weeks I've found the B&L Ray-Ban Gatsby with a case:

fullsizeoutput_10d0f.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_10d10.jpeg

This was unfortunately empty:

fullsizeoutput_10d05.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_10d11.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_10d12.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_10d13.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_10d09.jpeg

Someone's Christmas gift didn't work out:

DSC_0163.JPG

The white scarf was donated at the same time as the others, based on their tags. I thought I'd figure it out, but it's just anonymous. I thought it might be Burberry based on the border pattern, but I think most of their scarves are handrolled.

fullsizeoutput_10d0d.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_10d0b.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_10d0c.jpeg

DSC_0168.JPG

kbadgley84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Recent finds...

Had never found it and then 3x in the last 2-3 months. This one has paperwork and the hang tag from the original store:

View attachment 1241298

View attachment 1241299

Missoni bodycon dress that I think my wife will like:

View attachment 1241300

View attachment 1241301

Nothing terribly special here, and unless the price is right, I generally don't mess with too many "almost Barbours," but this one is 5XL. Having spoken to some big guys, I genuinely feel bad to hear that they can't find clothes they want to wear because those sizes are difficult to find. I grab nice looking stuff in larger sizes for this reason. I sold a size 70 Pal Zileri suit in record time to a guy that was thrilled to score his size.

View attachment 1241302

View attachment 1241303

View attachment 1241304

I continue to sing the praises of vintage Benetton sweaters:

View attachment 1241305

View attachment 1241306

A nice brand that I normally pass because of price-point/recognition/key word difficulty, but the last is nice on these:

View attachment 1241307

Not-so-special pants that were cheap enough to grab. Don Gil is a defunct menswear store that was hit or miss on design, but they did have some real winners up until the end. I was sad to see it go.

View attachment 1241308

View attachment 1241309

View attachment 1241310

I grabbed the Misaky because it had nice fabric, 50/50 linen/cotton denim. Thought it was interesting. Tags indicate it was made by Paoloni.

View attachment 1241312

View attachment 1241314

View attachment 1241315

I don't know this brand, but I wanted to try it for €1:

View attachment 1241316

I think this is cool:

View attachment 1241317

I FOUND IT! You know that special "G" area that is found on women. I FINALLY found it, and you won't guess where it is:

It turns out, the mythical GSPORT is on the bottom of their feet. Who knew?

View attachment 1241297
Same size thing goes for women’s clothes as well, you’d be shocked how much you can get for some realllllly mediocre brands just because of the very large sizes. Lots of women’s brands don’t make big sizes and they are hard to find so the stuff flies for really good money

My Main Man

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Found my new favorite brand name ever yesterday. With a name this dumb, one of two things had to happen:

1. Someone came up with the name, thought it was good enough to share with others, and they all agreed that it was a super sick name.
2. Someone came up with the name, thought it was good enough to share with others, and then had to fight tooth and nail to stick with it while their family and business associates told them it was stupid.

C70A75CD-C2C7-4CBA-BC24-AF05ED24EBC6.jpeg

sthenosall

Reaction score
That's an insane haul.

Wow, killer tees!!

Shout out to Gustin customer service. I picked up a messenger bag that was missing the flap stay (silver stud in the pic), emailed them to ask if I could buy one, and they sent one for free.
View attachment 1240554
also a shout out to @sthenosall for the Boglioli coat; fit is perfect!
View attachment 1240556

Did good today, I'll catch up this weekend...
Happy hunting.

i'm so glad it fits, that thing is so cool and I wished like hell it fit me.

Found this in a junk shop yesterday. Not leather unfortunately but real sheepskin at least.

View attachment 1241383 View attachment 1241384
Don't care if it's not leather thats a great look. If you still want it I have a shaggy dog sweater that got returned because I screwed up the address then didn't get around to mailing again.

Purplelabel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i'm so glad it fits, that thing is so cool and I wished like hell it fit me.

Don't care if it's not leather thats a great look. If you still want it I have a shaggy dog sweater that got returned because I screwed up the address then didn't get around to mailing again.

Ch’yeahh of course!!

Nataku

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yea that lily is straight fire
This HBTs I looked up and they are pretty much all dated around 1943. Do they have the star buttons? I love Finding stuff like that I’d take that over cashmere kiton any day

Yeah, I know the reversible HBT frogskin camo (M1942) is super scarce as was only produced for a very short time. Yep, star buttons on the cuffs and snaps on the front. Same here. This is the stuff that keeps me going.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads