• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

the2ndhandman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Damn. Well thanks for the education boys. That was a costly one.. fuckin way she goes
[/QUO

No returns?
I'm with k on the lock and tag may be real. Also the strap may be as well , I think it's been replaced. Is there a stamp on the shoulder pad section?

Last edited:

kbadgley84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Strap definitely didn’t come with it. Hardware looks like **** tho and the patina isn’t looking right, you can compare to the pic of the tag below it, the red edge seal looks sloppy and off color too. The tag I’m pretty sure is good tho
EB32C337-904A-40BD-98B2-454352BE36DE.png

Sartoriamo

Reaction score
Busy day yesterday: my favorite consignment stores had their twice-yearly progressive sale, and I just go in on the first 70%-off day and have a blast. Result: over 100 items, PPU $10. It will keep me (and Cap'n Wes) busy for a bit.

fullsizeoutput_1141.jpeg

IMG_9066.JPG

I'm working double shifts right now, but will get started on these on my days off. Here are a few bits and pieces.

Bullhide MiUSA Dopp kit and tie case, for me.

thrift brag - 1.jpg

Ties. That Brioni in the middle is the first pleated Brioni I've seen. Wild. And I expect will flip handily.

thrift brag - 2.jpg

thrift brag - 3.jpg

A few more:
thrift brag - 4.jpg

Footwear: back row, Lucchese, Espinoza ostrich bench made, a.testoni, Church's, Zegna XXX.
Front row: Varvatos, C&J, a.testoni, SuSu, Church's, with some 'Gamo flips at the very front.

thrift brag - 5.jpg

CM: Loro mainline, SuSu, slouchy PRL linen
thrift brag - 6.jpg

2 x Oxxford cashmere. That coral one is a thing of herringbone beauty. Too small for me, dammit. Current Zegna thick cotton twill.
thrift brag - 7.jpg

Canali and Ralphie both peak lapel. Sorry Purp, it's a 46.
thrift brag - 8.jpg

NWT AllSaints and Ricci.
thrift brag - 9.jpg

Vests:
thrift brag - 10.jpg

Part two tomorrow after work: shirts and pants.

kbadgley84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Busy day yesterday: my favorite consignment stores had their twice-yearly progressive sale, and I just go in on the first 70%-off day and have a blast. Result: over 100 items, PPU $10. It will keep me (and Cap'n Wes) busy for a bit.

View attachment 1228411
View attachment 1228412

I'm working double shifts right now, but will get started on these on my days off. Here are a few bits and pieces.

Bullhide MiUSA Dopp kit and tie case, for me.

View attachment 1228399

Ties. That Brioni in the middle is the first pleated Brioni I've seen. Wild. And I expect will flip handily.

View attachment 1228400
View attachment 1228402

A few more:
View attachment 1228404

Footwear: back row, Lucchese, Espinoza ostrich bench made, a.testoni, Church's, Zegna XXX.
Front row: Varvatos, C&J, a.testoni, SuSu, Church's, with some 'Gamo flips at the very front.

View attachment 1228405

CM: Loro mainline, SuSu, slouchy PRL linen
View attachment 1228406

2 x Oxxford cashmere. That coral one is a thing of herringbone beauty. Too small for me, dammit. Current Zegna thick cotton twill.
View attachment 1228407

Canali and Ralphie both peak lapel. Sorry Purp, it's a 46.
View attachment 1228408

NWT AllSaints and Ricci.
View attachment 1228409

Vests:
View attachment 1228410

Part two tomorrow after work: shirts and pants.
Red Oxxord is awesome!

Zerase

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nope. They're vintage and I personally would've grabbed. Idk what margins you're after, etc though. What size were they?
Size 34, fit me in the waist but way too long, guess i could hem them for personal use. They were priced 139 SEK = (14 dollares). I don't really flip anything, I just buy to expand my own wardrobe.

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
My 3 year old son is obsessed with rolling suitcases so If he sees one at a thrift we have no choice but to buy it or **** escalates really quickly, this one luckily had an easy $20 bill attached to it
View attachment 1228447 View attachment 1228448

definitely fake, the wand should be 3.57" long, looks like its only 3.56". Also the green stars on the front should be Pantone color 346 these are definitely 345. If you count the squares in the background pattern this bag has 1055 which is a super big tell as these bags always have 1050.

capnwes

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
definitely fake, the wand should be 3.57" long, looks like its only 3.56". Also the green stars on the front should be Pantone color 346 these are definitely 345. If you count the squares in the background pattern this bag has 1055 which is a super big tell as these bags always have 1050.
Are you sure?

carreragt7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gorgeous. What is the weight like? I think those were a maple/walnut.
Heavier than I expected, haha. It is quite substantial. I am still researching it but so far I know it’s a win as it has the original tuners that are highly sought after and near impossible to find. Some minor dings but nothing drastic.

Sadly I don’t play, but an employee does and when he saw it he got more excited than usual and asked if he could play around with it before I got rid of it.

Any guitar experts care to weigh in on how/why it has different controls/switches? Comparing to others online it seems like they all randomly have different arrangements of knobs. All custom made? There doesn’t appear to be a standard layout... so as a novice I don’t know if my setup is more desirable or not.

dadjeans

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 81 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.4%

Forum statistics

Threads