• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

the2ndhandman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hope you burn it in the street. That and the poor sap that picks it up doesn't get sick.

Memorize the tag. It's the first way to tell. It's consistency never changes. Out of all eight of my jackets they are exactly the same. So close it's almost like moncler has one machine that makes them all then distributes them. To me the C is the tell tale way. It's leg is flat and will never curve up.

20190813_185757.jpg

I would say that's a D- copy. The A+ copies are very,very good.

impuntura

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hope you burn it in the street. That and the poor sap that picks it up doesn't get sick.

Memorize the tag. It's the first way to tell. It's consistency never changes. Out of all eight of my jackets they are exactly the same. So close it's almost like moncler has one machine that makes them all then distributes them. To me the C is the tell tale way. It's leg is flat and will never curve up.

View attachment 1223236

I would say that's a D- copy. The A+ copies are very,very good.

Yeah I was in a hurry so didn't do due diligence.stitching looks horrible on the one I posted

ace13x

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
- Hydroflask water bottle

What is up with this? It seems to be a thing now. When I was a kid, we had WATER FOUNTAINS, else, you went thirsty and surprisingly still LIVED. At home we had CUPS. Likely cheap plastic ones left over from some fast food drink.

Man, kids are awful.

Not yours Spoo, bet they're OK.

Letric

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What is up with this? It seems to be a thing now. When I was a kid, we had WATER FOUNTAINS, else, you went thirsty and surprisingly still LIVED. At home we had CUPS. Likely cheap plastic ones left over from some fast food drink.

Man, kids are awful.

The movement towards Stainless Steel water bottles has its roots in Canteens and those big clear colored plastic water bottles with the screw-off tops every gymrat had in the 2000's. It also has its roots in reducing plastic waste for the good of the planet.

I was first introduced to HydroFlask through my local Dutch Bros. Coffee house several years ago. They sold em for $20 and every time you chose to use the bottle for your coffee instead of a cup you received a $0.50 discount on your coffee/tea/etc. I really liked how the container sustained the temperature of whatever was inside for a prolonged period. Hot coffee stays hot all morning, and cold iced tea or cold water stays cold all afternoon.

I use a HydroFlask every day, every gym/workout, on every camping trip and for every festival. They seal really well and usually don't leak all over the inside of your backpack/etc. It's like one of my EDC items like a Watch, Wallet, Keys, Knife, etc. I've bought 2 retail and have thrifted another 2 plus 2 Kleen Kanteens. If you thrift em, just make sure it's in like-new condition and the mouthpiece isn't all dirty and chewed up. Preferably not stained/smelling of coffee either. I like to use separate bottles for coffee/etc. and water so that the water one stays clean tasting.

HydroFlask is among the best, if not THE best insulated water bottle. The name is also perfectly descriptive of the product and has good mouth-feel to say. They're not cheap at like $30-35+ either. HydroFlask is a big name now, much like Ferrari or Rolex. They're sold at higher end establishments. The name has status. If you own one you're seen as higher grade than those with lower quality bottles or no bottle at all. So I imagine the name HydroFlask has cache among youth who are increasingly health-concious and at schools you have to have the newnew brand-name **** right? Nike, ArcTeryx, The North Face, HydroFlask.

???

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Man, kids are awful.

Not yours Spoo, bet they're OK.

When I was a kid, I had Nalgene water bottles. I've been using reusable coffee mugs (both at home and at coffee shops) for 20+ years. There's nothing unusual about wanting to save environmental resources. In fact, I would recommend it. Your grandkids will thank you.

As for why that particular brand is popular? I can't really say, much like The North Face, the appeal is probably linked to some celebrity endorsement...

ace13x

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The movement towards Stainless Steel water bottles has its roots in Canteens and those big clear colored plastic water bottles with the screw-off tops every gymrat had in the 2000's. It also has its roots in reducing plastic waste for the good of the planet.

I was first introduced to HydroFlask through my local Dutch Bros. Coffee house several years ago. They sold em for $20 and every time you chose to use the bottle for your coffee instead of a cup you received a $0.50 discount on your coffee/tea/etc. I really liked how the container sustained the temperature of whatever was inside for a prolonged period. Hot coffee stays hot all morning, and cold iced tea or cold water stays cold all afternoon.

I use a HydroFlask every day, every gym/workout, on every camping trip and for every festival. They seal really well and usually don't leak all over the inside of your backpack/etc. It's like one of my EDC items like a Watch, Wallet, Keys, Knife, etc. I've bought 2 retail and have thrifted another 2 plus 2 Kleen Kanteens. If you thrift em, just make sure it's in like-new condition and the mouthpiece isn't all dirty and chewed up. Preferably not stained/smelling of coffee either. I like to use separate bottles for coffee/etc. and water so that the water one stays clean tasting.

HydroFlask is among the best, if not THE best insulated water bottle. The name is also perfectly descriptive of the product and has good mouth-feel to say. They're not cheap at like $30-35+ either. HydroFlask is a big name now, much like Ferrari or Rolex. They're sold at higher end establishments. The name has status. If you own one you're seen as higher grade than those with lower quality bottles or no bottle at all. So I imagine the name HydroFlask has cache among youth who are increasingly health-concious and at schools you have to have the newnew brand-name **** right? Nike, ArcTeryx, The North Face, HydroFlask.

???
mini-red-tartan-plaid-Thermos-Avon-bottle-retro-1970s-vintage-1stopretroshop-m823141-1.jpg

ace13x

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
When I was a kid, I had Nalgene water bottles. I've been using reusable coffee mugs (both at home and at coffee shops) for 20+ years. There's nothing unusual about wanting to save environmental resources. In fact, I would recommend it. Your grandkids will thank you.

As for why that particular brand is popular? I can't really say, much like The North Face, the appeal is probably linked to some celebrity endorsement...
I'm all for saving resources, but the water-bottle thing gets me.

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
As a germaphobe, I don’t like the uncertainty of hand washing, preferring instead the hepatitis-free one and done of a cool paper cup.

Backhand

Reaction score
@Letric deetz on the gay yeti

hahaha you killed my N&F streak!

Today's finds are courtesy of @bert9000 sloppy seconds. Gave me a lead on an orphan BB but I found the pantaloons!

That's a keeper beater suit.

Also a nice big boy recent Sammy that needs a dry clean but nice pattern. Prince of Wales? Paging @Backhand

View attachment 1223272 View attachment 1223273 View attachment 1223274 View attachment 1223275 View attachment 1223276 View attachment 1223278 View attachment 1223280 View attachment 1223284
Im liking the Sammy man. Lets get measurements on both arms since this looks like a MTM. The peak lapels are cuul and POW is nice.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads