• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

kbadgley84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So I posted this Gucci bag I picked up from the bins a few weeks ago. I know @SpooPoker said it was possibly fugazi but I’d like to get a decisive judgment on it, if anyone knows Gucci well and wouldn’t mind weighing in. (@kbadgley84 ) I’ve attached more detailed photos.
Thanks cruë!
That’s a tough one man i cant Really say either way

goatamous

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Y3

Attachments

• 15635943297334831475019077469257.jpg
    15635943297334831475019077469257.jpg
    199.8 KB · Views: 33

MrRaves

Reaction score
When I was in high school my favorite book (and what got me starting in paying attention to fashion) was American Psycho. Most of the designers mentioned in the book I had never heard of, and just assumed they were all top of the line. I don’t how these brands were viewed in the early 90s, but after thrifting for a couple of years I found myself cringing a lot during a recent reread. Joseph Abboud, Geoffrey Beene, Alan Flusser? Gross gross gross

kbadgley84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
When I was in high school my favorite book (and what got me starting in paying attention to fashion) was American Psycho. Most of the designers mentioned in the book I had never heard of, and just assumed they were all top of the line. I don’t how these brands were viewed in the early 90s, but after thrifting for a couple of years I found myself cringing a lot during a recent reread. Joseph Abboud, Geoffrey Beene, Alan Flusser? Gross gross gross
Alan Flusser before he sold his name was a really top notch tailor

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Ellis said he got most of the items from the pages of GQ, Esquire or a similar magazine, without having much knowledge of or appreciation for everything he was throwing around. I wonder if it would all make sense if you actually tried to dress that way...

I thought the costume design for the movie was pretty good, though.

Odradek

Reaction score
Picked up these mystery shoes this morning.
Made in England, Goodyear Welted, and 99% certain they were made in Northamptonshire.
Just can't identify a maker.

120/F printed inside, and the only shoemaker I could find so far with a last called 120 is Sanders.

EDIT : I think I have identified them as Cheaney, and Veldtschoen too. Unusual with a leather sole.

Also snagged these Alfred Sargent suede loafers.

Last edited:

kbadgley84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Red bag is a little suspect. Could just be the photos but I don't recognize it from any season.

edit - Disregard! Didn't realize it was a tote bag. Crazy that someone donated something so recent.
Yea man seriously! I checked Every single thing on both bags and everything matches up perfectly to the legit ones and all the guides. I can Almost bet money on it that some kid came home and found his **** was donated. I mean Someone just bought that bag within the last few weeks. Probably the same source as all the vintage t shirts

The red one was folded up and was $3 and the black one was special priced behind the counter for a staggering $7.99 lol

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 83 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.1%

Forum statistics

Threads