• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

goatamous

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anybody's woah-man need a coat?

IMG_20190717_232917.jpg IMG_20190717_232928.jpg

bensm1th

Reaction score
some stuff I found, most of it today:

Polo Ralph Lauren leather jacket
IMG_1275.JPG

Suit Supply suit. It's actually fully canvassed and fits me nicely: IMG_1276.JPG

Brooks Brothers Gold Fleece Suit
IMG_1277.JPG IMG_1278 2.JPG

Nice Canali blazer, half canvassed for summer. Probably too boxy in the shoulder, but oh well:
IMG_1279.JPG
IMG_1280.JPG

Very interesting Gucci suit. It's actually canvassed (passes the pinch test). Cotton/Silk Blend.
IMG_1281.JPG
IMG_1282.JPG

Polo Ralph Lauren Suit:
IMG_1283.JPG
IMG_1284 2.JPG

California Dreamer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not a personal find (sadly). Last week I was given a pile of vinyl records to price at the op shop I volunteer at. Our standard pricing is $1, so I just stamped them all accordingly and put them out in the racks. I didn't pay too much attention; I should have, because this was one of them. It was gone today, so I made somebody's day, I guess.
Screen Shot 2019-07-18 at 6.06.19 pm.png

Purplelabel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not a personal find (sadly). Last week I was given a pile of vinyl records to price at the op shop I volunteer at. Our standard pricing is $1, so I just stamped them all accordingly and put them out in the racks. I didn't pay too much attention; I should have, because this was one of them. It was gone today, so I made somebody's day, I guess.
. View attachment 1208570

You dun goofed.

goatamous

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Probably late pass on this
but if you didn't see what ended up happening

one guy bought 99 / 100 pairs. and i'm sure he'll make sure he wins pair #100

Yorker

Reaction score
I don't know anything about it - but I think its awesome. If you decide to off load it cheap hmu.

Spent the last week giving Scott’s Antique Market in Atlanta a shot. I did well, had fun, and made some good connections, so I’ll be back next month and probably nearly every month after that. To Atlanta area posters: if you ever see any larger piece I post that you might be interested in, let me know and I’ll bring it up with me. @leftofthedial stopped by, cool to finally meet him after all these years. Super cool guy.

Back to the grind in FL: picked up this mirror today. I’m almost completely stumped. I know it’s hella old, but having trouble figuring out anything past them being cherubs/putti. Can’t figure out the meaning of the bird or crowns. Lots of knowledge in this thread, hoping someone can help narrow down my research.

View attachment 1207932

Centaurus3200

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This prompted me to search nike sold listings by highest price on ebay.

Man, the hype thing is so confusing to me... This LeBron or KD or Kawai shoe is worth $4000... But this one is worth $30. WTF?

It's truly all about "Hype". People will certain things to have value based on esoteric criteria.

But, wow... If you know what to look for, you could make much more money than many classic menswear pieces... Or at least until the collective decides the thing that was cool, is no longer cool anymore.

For me, I'd still rather have a pair of Florsheim shell V cleats than some air max ones. ;-)

Probably late pass on this
but if you didn't see what ended up happening

one guy bought 99 / 100 pairs. and i'm sure he'll make sure he wins pair #100

Thrift Vader

Forum Mechanic
Reaction score

Man, the hype thing is so confusing to me... This LeBron or KD or Kawai shoe is worth $4000... But this one is worth $30. WTF?

It's truly all about "Hype". People will certain things to have value based on esoteric criteria.

But, wow... If you know what to look for, you could make much more money than many classic menswear pieces... Or at least until the collective decides the thing that was cool, is no longer cool anymore.

For me, I'd still rather have a pair of Florsheim shell V cleats than some air max ones. ;-)
The upside is, you can get nice comfortable shoes in colours you like for cheap. Because no hype.
Winning.

goatamous

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

It's scarcity driven, too
You can know what to look for, but unless you have friends at the local sneaker shop, you're most likely not getting one of the 50 exclusive pairs of that colorway

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i look hard at samples and vintage when i see them, otherwise i just buy sneaks to wear. i once saw a pair of doernbechers for 250 but this was also a spot that marked up fake louboutins smh. but the rare custom stuff that nike gives to celebs etc probably isn't going to make it to my thrifts (never say never)

ran23

Reaction score
I recently picked up a Crombie 100% Cashmere sport coat. So when did they stop making sport coats? All I see are overcoats and the like, thanks
Crombie just wrote back asking for any numbers. I found a 'Made in USA #' ???? Tag says Scotland, how can it be made in the USA????

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 81 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.4%

Forum statistics

Threads