• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Letric

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Braved torrential downpours and lightning storm to hit a few stores this evening. Many streets were flooded, traffic signals not working, all kinds of chaos. This goodwills entrance was basically a lake 10" deep:

20190626_192448.jpg

Was rewarded for my bravery with:

20190626_203047.jpg

Santoni Captoes for $7.

20190626_195119.jpg

Reidel Stemless Crystal for $0.99 ea.

And lastly...

20190626_192551.jpg

VTG Filson Red Mackinaw Cruiser for $15.

This was on a fresh rack, and over my arm immediately. I didn't even stop to look at condition or price.

All in all a good night. :satisfied:

Centaurus3200

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
More pics of the filson please. Sexy!

Braved torrential downpours and lightning storm to hit a few stores this evening. Many streets were flooded, traffic signals not working, all kinds of chaos. This goodwills entrance was basically a lake 10" deep:

View attachment 1198571

Was rewarded for my bravery with:

View attachment 1198572
Santoni Captoes for $7.

View attachment 1198573
Reidel Stemless Crystal for $0.99 ea.

And lastly...

View attachment 1198574
VTG Filson Red Mackinaw Cruiser for $15.

This was on a fresh rack, and over my arm immediately. I didn't even stop to look at condition or price.

All in all a good night. :satisfied:

Coldsnap

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
@Letric I always love those finds, it's like intantly 'yes I will buy this, price, condition, whatever I'll take it'.

Dirt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In other news, I got to talking about flippy stuff with the counter woman, who found a pair of authentic NWT Gucci jeans at another location. She told me to ditch menswear and learn more about old team jerseys and whatnot as a friend of hers made $8,000 in about four months part time — “Even more than your horse butt shoes!”.

:-/

If you’re discussing flippery and shell cordovan with the help, I’m not surprised by a decade long dry spell. Just sayin...

flipstah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How many of you, have found an item you have been wanting since first sight. nearing on 30 years?

I did.

My 30 year grail. achieved. and i am so ******* pleased with it.

I don't think I was thrifting when I was a baby. So no.

Mr G from SD

Reaction score
Any ideas who this is supposed to be? Took a gamble and bought this bust/sculpture for $3. Seems done by hand with artist name on back. Usually see this type of thing for composers, but not seeing a striking resemblance to any of the big names.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 90 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads