• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

PatrickS

Reaction score
How about this Crossbody: Authentic?
A-20190519_191219.jpg

B-20190519_191230.jpg
C-20190519_191225.jpg
D-20190519_192737.jpg
E-20190519_192916.jpg

Last edited:

madeinbogota

Reaction score
Had a fun day over the weekend for personal items owing to my best one stop to date, which included a nice pop for good measure. It’s relatively tame stuff considering the high bar on this thread, but I walked out of the shop with a big grin on my face. What made it even better was that there was a guy already looking at the jackets/suits so I figured, “Ok buddy, I’ll start with pants.” Within seconds I’ve snatched a couple pairs of Inco’s off the rail and I notice the guy at the suits peering over to see what’s happening. View attachment 1179193 Next, on to the shirts. I pause at a very well made Oxford cloth shirt but don’t recognize the name on the label. I throw it over my arm and keep going. Boom, Italian made for a Savile Row house. On my arm it goes. Next a NWOT linen shirt from familiar Italian name. This is a small shop and there are no more shirts so I move to the other end of the suits and work back towards the guy who is still taking his sweet time. Grabbed a cotton sport coat to cap off the visit.

Checking out the tags afterwards, I realized that these all came from a single donor who donates pristine clothing and happens to be about my size. The blue linen shirt is a heartbreaker because the sleeves are too short for me. Mystery donor, I salute you!

View attachment 1179200

Piccolo is a great find. Super recent Brioni too. Awesome haul!

thomas199023

Reaction score
That Santini is a beauty! Fun fact, my father worked for Santini from the late 1970ies until he retired 2 years ago! Mostly did export it the UK and USA but he also founded Santini Germany .

Let me know if you need more info on that one. I’m sure I can find out.

I was happy to find it! I think it's from '78. I actually liked this one that I found last year more:

View attachment 1179045

Here are the tags:

View attachment 1179043

View attachment 1179044

Thank you for the info, great to know! They're doing their job well when a non-sailor can easily pick out nautical clothing!

I'm not joking, I was going to ask what the combined smell of a collection of old Barbours must be in a confined space right before I read your comment.
at

thomas199023

Reaction score
For meetings in Mantova today. Knew Corneliani was based out of there, so decided to check it out. They have a huge outlet store at the factory.

Only had a few minutes but did buy a suit. Outlet pricing on bottom floor at 50%. They the 1st floor has ‘special’ pricing, ranging from 70-80% off.

Will be back tomorrow when I have some more time. Will also take some more photos, but can definitively recommend checking it out if you happen to be near Mantova, or even Verona.

C43948FB-5F53-476C-A6DD-6FAEB6A9C7F8.jpeg 797106BF-8DF0-44D7-BBE6-AA83A8FFFC30.jpeg B96BC6ED-2BC0-4458-9955-3A87DF4BB03D.jpeg 8431C2CA-EBE0-4475-BF03-038978D3AB01.jpeg

Zime

Reaction score
Another day, another —pure cash— Brioni (and a cash zegna and a Versace). So glad the schmucks at my local thrift haven’t gotten wise to suiting yet. Combed through for about an hour trying to find any pants, but couldn’t. Still wasn’t going to leave for $7 each.

0200EF0B-B69A-4931-96FA-1DBEF893B715.jpeg

Edit: I see that my comment about the “schmucks” might be misinterpreted. I DEFINITELY don’t mean the workers there. I’m talking about dudes like the one today who GRABBED THE RACK and pulled it towards him as the employee was walking out with it to make sure he got to it first. Those schmucks.

Last edited:

bensm1th

Reaction score
So, after eating lunch I stopped at the Goodwill a few doors down. I had like five minutes. This was the first thing I looked, RLPL, french cuffs, looks like it's in mint condition IMG_1100.JPG . What's weird is that all their other men's dress shirts are $5.99, and this was $1.99. Which means that someone at GW took a look at an RLPL and marked it down by 2/3rds.

Purplelabel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So, after eating lunch I stopped at the Goodwill a few doors down. I had like five minutes. This was the first thing I looked, RLPL, french cuffs, looks like it's in mint condition View attachment 1179290 . What's weird is that all their other men's dress shirts are $5.99, and this was $1.99. Which means that someone at GW took a look at an RLPL and marked it down by 2/3rds.

Get off my purple lawn.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads