• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

SomethingsFishy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can anyone identify these? For the life of me, I can't seem to decipher the plain-as-day script for the brand name on these. They're MIUSA frog pocket wool blend pants—reminded me strongly of stuff I've gotten from Bluffworks and Outlier. Took a little chance.

Also, what's the size limit on SF image attachments now—10 kilobytes? *nothing* I try to upload fits... Very annoying. Took me 20 minutes to get these working! Can't speak for anyone else, but it's prevented me from posting my haul photos as-of-late :(

2ahczo5.jpg

Woofa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yo, I found this amazing cashmere tie, plaid, brown on brown on brown...

It has a tiny hole in it. I was petitioning the slatternly counterwoman for advice when she waved a thin arm and said, Here, it’s free. Immediately, the ideas started rushed in. A single stitch made of brown thread? A dot of tie fabric, carefully lopped from the back, superglued to the hole with the patterns aligned? A clip? A vest? A button? A fastened jacket?

Help me, Obi Wan. (And remember: free).

I got a beautiful kiton tie with a lil hole in it. I was just going to stitch the hole up with a thread that matches the tie. I sort of like high end stuff with a little bit of wear, so I think it will look good.

I personally will wear stuff with reasonable imperfections. In fact, I am often happy to trade or buy stuff stuff online that some would never touch.
Of course it all depends upon the problem and how noticeable it is with normal wear. And if course how much of a discount I get for the issue. A few small holes in a kiton sport coat (as long as they are not on the lapels or otherwise highly visible,) would not stop me from buying it but I would expect a discount. I can darn a hole in a nice sweater pretty easily. Some damage is just not worth my time even though the item is otherwise valuable. I know there are reweavers out there and if I did this for a living I would probably find a local one who does good work at a reasonable price.

I have actually thought of starting a thread here (outside of the buy and sell) just meant for items like this. The problem is half the time the packaging and shipping is more effort than it is reasonably worth. If I find that new but damaged kiton though...

eddiegreen

Reaction score
On the save wavelength as @sushijerk . True thrift, my size but has some small stains. Question: I always get some **** from drycleaners about this because of the leather behind the collar. Anyone got tips? Is there a company that specializes in cleaning LP tier stuff?
View attachment 1176868 View attachment 1176870
Wish there was something like fabricare in the UK, all dry cleaners around my way are useless and just refuse to take anything expensive incase they balls it up.
I have a LP baseball cap that I can’t clean and can’t throw away

kindofyoung

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Forgot to ever share this here, not a thrift per say since I got it from a friend of a friend, but a crazy good deal all the same
image0.jpg

Fuji X-T2 with Power Grip, Fuji M mount adapter, Fujinon 50mm f2, Mitakon 35mm f0.95 Speedmaster, 7artisans 35mm f1.2 + original flash and a whole bunch of extra batteries and filters. 700$ total (sub 25% of MSRP)

SomethingsFishy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The good: just kopped a Stone Island coated parka for $18.

The bad: conditions so **** I'm not sure i shouolve kopped at all

Last edited:

eddiegreen

Reaction score
The good: just kopped a Stone Island coated parka for $18.

The bad: conditions so **** I'm not sure i shouolve kopped at all
Pics? I love SI.
you can always get your money back on the badge alone, much more if green edge or ghost shadow etc.
You can sell any SI clothing on that pop platform in minutes, any condition.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 81 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.4%

Forum statistics

Threads