• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

div25sec9

Reaction score
New city today, and Big E popping

@div25sec9 it's okay I was only here for two hours and found this. I wish I had more time.

It was a potential honeypot where vagrants be lively.

View attachment 1161190

/QUOTE]

Nice find! I'm glad it was a SF brother finding it, not some competition :)

Your clue doesn't help much, half of the thrifts here are in vagrant hot-spots!

ace13x

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

wumpyfish

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
200.webp

Woofa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Question for the experts. I am working on a shoe trade with another SF member. I think that all EG and Gaziano shoes are English sizing unless they are rebranded for someone like RLPL. If rebranded then I believe all RL and paul stuart are in US sizing. Hoping someone can confirm this or let me know if there is an easy way to tell the difference. Appreciate any help.
Ron

ORLThrifter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Question for the experts. I am working on a shoe trade with another SF member. I think that all EG and Gaziano shoes are English sizing unless they are rebranded for someone like RLPL. If rebranded then I believe all RL and paul stuart are in US sizing. Hoping someone can confirm this or let me know if there is an easy way to tell the difference. Appreciate any help.
Ron
I dont know about RLPL, but the Stuart's Choice by EG, G&G and C&J were UK sizing if I recall correctly.

SomethingsFishy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
.... Anti-thrift.

Got ******* car prowled this weekend. Took about three minutes. Was loading my car at 5:30 AM (safe-ass neighborhood), walked to yard to grab more stuff, came back, fucked.

Lost tons of stuff, (utter ******* disaster) but the ones most relevant here are a vintage Belstaff Tourmaster Trophy, and a 1985 all-chestnut-leather Ghurka Express.

If you find a size tiny (34/36) Belstaff Tourmaster Trophy (like a longer trialmaster + quilted shoulders and elbows + zip pocket on shoulder, reflective backing to belt) within 500 miles of Seattle, odds are it's mine. I'd be genuinely surprised if more than two dozen existed on the west coast of the US.

The Ghurka Express has the serial number G620. If anyone runs across it on the various secondhand venues, I'd *love* to meet the seller... Preferrably with a metal pipe.

Thank **** for insurance. I don't know if I'll *ever* find another Belstaff like that one though :(

330CK

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
a few of my favorite finds from the last week or so

first the stuff that fits the usual scope of the thread, rlpl linen and funny hermes
12DBC506-002B-4A5B-AD8C-B7710251EA92.jpeg

exceptionally rare cd, only a couple copies available online
A4C3E079-A1DB-44D7-801F-E73148125D6B.jpeg

not *exactly* thrifty but the seller didn’t know these were Trianon for Sulka, so I still think I got a pretty good deal
36E636FD-C7BC-4FD2-978F-274515BB2A87.jpeg

Giulia Mangani for Oggetti
6909BDA6-9247-41D1-AB6E-EFFD0684610F.jpeg

Bruno Rey Chairs x4

fascinating article for anyone interested about Stendig, who you can thank for introducing America to the coolest European design: https://www.1stdibs.com/introspective-magazine/charles-stendig/

8220952B-0C07-4373-B077-FEA5AD78752A.jpeg

and a sweet pair of McGuire chairs, woven with rawhide leather on a rattan frame
1FA682EF-BD67-4262-B4F2-93D031400614.jpeg

madeinbogota

Reaction score
.... Anti-thrift.

Got ******* car prowled this weekend. Took about three minutes. Was loading my car at 5:30 AM (safe-ass neighborhood), walked to yard to grab more stuff, came back, fucked.

Lost tons of stuff, (utter ******* disaster) but the ones most relevant here are a vintage Belstaff Tourmaster Trophy, and a 1985 all-chestnut-leather Ghurka Express.

If you find a size tiny (34/36) Belstaff Tourmaster Trophy (like a longer trialmaster + quilted shoulders and elbows + zip pocket on shoulder, reflective backing to belt) within 500 miles of Seattle, odds are it's mine. I'd be genuinely surprised if more than two dozen existed on the west coast of the US.

The Ghurka Express has the serial number G620. If anyone runs across it on the various secondhand venues, I'd *love* to meet the seller... Preferrably with a metal pipe.

Thank **** for insurance. I don't know if I'll *ever* find another Belstaff like that one though :(

****** man, really sorry. That's gotta be a terrible feeling. Hoping at least one of the pieces eventually turns up.

ORLThrifter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
.... Anti-thrift.

Man, that is horrible. I hope the items turn up and the perpetrator faces some justice; metal pipe or otherwise.

Woofa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Mr G from SD

Reaction score
Ron

I have 2 pairs of G&G for Paul Stuart. They are English sizing.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads