• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ich_Dien

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
View attachment 1123896

View attachment 1123899
I grab bottles of wine from the store, but the swap did me this for the cost of one I’d buy in the store. I left a good one I got to go back for worth 200$

The Capo di Stato (third from left) is one of my favourite wines; grown north of Treviso, near Montello in Venegazzu. It's about €40 a bottle here and that's very much local price; God knows what it runs in the States.

It's actually called Capo di Stato because at a state banquet Charles De Gaulle quite proudly said "This is an excellent wine; where in France is it from?" much to the celebration of Italians in that era. What year is it?

Last edited:

ORLThrifter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I picked up some vintage and ugly AF Hermes slip ons recently but what I didn't know when I bought them was the owner had bunions (which made me feel sick) as there are two stretched out bits on the leather. How can I remove these lumps?
View attachment 1124104

Determined to fix them up.
You can use the old iron/steamer and damp washcloth method. Basically, pack the shoes with material to shape them, place a damp washcloth onto and steam to release the wrinkles. YMMV but it might work, tutorials abound I'm sure.

Purplelabel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You can use the old iron/steamer and damp washcloth method. Basically, pack the shoes with material to shape them, place a damp washcloth onto and steam to release the wrinkles. YMMV but it might work, tutorials abound I'm sure.

What about the stretched bump?

ORLThrifter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What about the stretched bump?
Well, this is totally outside of my expertise, but the steam will relax the leather and it should (could?) once cooled, relax back to the shape it's packed to. If that didn't work, and you overpacked the shoe, you may have to widen the entire toebox in order to get rid of that "growth".

flipstah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is gross. Also I need better footwear to stick it to the cold

D6F6E680-F187-4ACE-880C-EF46CC6ADD67.jpeg

C895E686-4B30-44E5-B02E-CB9B0B34BEA5.jpeg

F0377018-1279-4557-B29C-8B569CDAB71B.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

Zerase

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I know you get schooled in the WIWT-thread over some of your not so good outfit pics @flipstah This one one the other hand is a killer outfit in my book. That fur cape is straight dope (presuming it is real, vintage fur). Well done!

ATLjon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

flipstah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I know you get schooled in the WIWT-thread over some of your not so good outfit pics @flipstah This one one the other hand is a killer outfit in my book. That fur cape is straight dope (presuming it is real, vintage fur). Well done!

Thanks, friend!

@dadjeans I'm on the hunt for different trousers as I've recently lost weight, and also decent winter formal footwear.

Bahljs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads