• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Thrift Vader

Forum Mechanic
Reaction score
Would someone please explain the "top button only fastened" look for blazers and suit jackets? I see you guys do it consistently (and also on fashion websites, magazine advertisements and so on), but it looks awkard to me.

It's a long standing bullshit myth.
Related to a portly Englishman with insecurities . So everyone copied him to make him feel better.

Still looks stupid.

Missed you @Chotii. And your scary ass dolls. :lol:

Last edited:

goatamous

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's exciting, thank you. This is online and I am trying to figure out the length, two numbers are given, looking like follows, and then the seller gives yet another length...
I must admit I have never encountered a belt with two contradicting measurements written on it like this, do you have any idea? Sorry for my lack of know-how.
Shot in the dark

Have you measured the length for the holes?
85cm = 33"
100cm = 39"

Maybe that's he range the belt fits?

JohnAAG

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Morning! Shell for breakfast
20181220_091524.jpg

Can anyone help with the maker on the BBs?
20181220_091718.jpg

20181220_092324.jpg

Sole says made in Italy, but I'm pretty sure it's a full resole.
20181220_091736.jpg

Zerase

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sorry for the crappy pick but are J.Lindeberg worth grabbing. I know they retail for quite a lot.

26B43E55-0A1C-41C8-B1A1-DFC42060F20B.jpeg

Edit: Cucinelli is a brand I never thought I would find in a church run thrift shop in Göteborg. Cherry popped! I Saw the texture of flannel and hoped that they were a pair of 100% wool and not som plastic **** blended in them. Was amazed when I saw the tag and that they were in my size (EU 50). A bit too slim for my big boi legs but ehhh what the heck. 30€ poorer but i classic trouser richer.

Last edited:

SomethingsFishy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Among close friends, Secret Santa events become pretty damn funny as a thrift ninja.

$20.00 maximum budget?

Challenge accepted.
:D

Homegirl got a discontinued waxed cotton Barbour satchel--leather trim, wool lining. $20.00 at Value Village. Triumph!

(Note that this wasn't a flexing/competitive thing--I got a bookmark and a beer and couldn't be happier. Most homies in attendance were wearing something I'd gifted them over the years :cheers:.)

Not sure I'd pull this at a work Secret Santa--that has real potential to make peeps feel awkward.

drlivingston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Among close friends, Secret Santa events become pretty damn funny as a thrift ninja.

$20.00 maximum budget?

Challenge accepted.
:D

Homegirl got a discontinued waxed cotton Barbour satchel--leather trim, wool lining. $20.00 at Value Village. Triumph!

(Note that this wasn't a flexing/competitive thing--I got a bookmark and a beer and couldn't be happier. Most homies in attendance were wearing something I'd gifted them over the years :cheers:.)

Not sure I'd pull this at a work Secret Santa--that has real potential to make peeps feel awkward.
I saw a coelacanth tie today and thought about you.

impuntura

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
*******'s slow in here today .where are the haaaaaaaaaauls???

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads