• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cark

Reaction score
In 1997 I lived in A Volkswagen van with my parents. I had no clothes, no toys, no friends. A yard sale at the beach went down and some locals were selling a junky skateboard for 5$. I went and begged my mom for the 5$ and she refused me and said I would give up and never learn to skateboard and she didn’t want to waste her money. Returning dejected the people at the sale did me the best favor of my life. They didn’t give me the skateboard for free, and train me to live on hand outs from pity. The gave me some stickers and told me to sell them and make the 5$ to earn my board. I wasn’t even a teen, and you can imagine the self esteem issues I had being homeless and my mom would rather buy cigarettes and beer than her kid a 5$ skateboard. Approaching people on the street trying to pawn off stickers was a absolutely horrific proposition to me, major anxiety. Luckily the stickers they gave me to sell were ******* dope! I had surfing stickers from the 80’s. I felt comfortable approaching some surfer dudes about selling stickers so I set that as my strategy. First group I approached was very responsive and acted very enthusiastic in buying my stickers, it was probably a combo of me being a pitiful sight selling stickers on the street and the fact I actually had dope stickers. I returned to the yard sale and and got my skateboard. Not only did I learn to ride it, I could have advanced my skill level to professional if I desired. Getting that board was the start of my method of survival and acquiring resources. In order to get what I wanted I got others what they wanted and relied on my ingenuity. I prize my autonomy and I achieved that, freeing myself from burdensome schedules and enforced hourly wage. I wasn’t surrounded by scholars or people encouraging intelligent thought. I was not encouraged to fit into regular society and this is a major regret for me. I could have advanced academically, I was capable as a student, but it simply did not stimulate me, and rigid social order I find so utterly distasteful I couldn’t bear it. I was trapped to survive and not thrive for a long time. Going on here opened up some communication with folks who are educated and respectable professionals and I value this place, I feel I owe it something. It took me forever to cultivate a clear vision and some capabilities to share it. This is a special corner of the internet and I love it.

i really hope what you wrote is a joke or satire and not meant to be taken seriously, afterall this is the internet and you are not suppose to believe everything you read online.

rhz5001

Reaction score
i really hope what you wrote is a joke or satire and not meant to be taken seriously, afterall this is the internet and you are not suppose to believe everything you read online.

giphy (1).gif

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
honest question, i wonder who wears these kind of clothes? who would want to walk around looking like a gay yeti?

made me get up off my damn couch for this
Screen Shot 2018-12-17 at 9.36.32 PM.png

Jackstraw001

Reaction score
In 1997 I lived in A Volkswagen van with my parents. I had no clothes, no toys, no friends. A yard sale at the beach went down and some locals were selling a junky skateboard for 5$. I went and begged my mom for the 5$ and she refused me and said I would give up and never learn to skateboard and she didn’t want to waste her money. Returning dejected the people at the sale did me the best favor of my life. They didn’t give me the skateboard for free, and train me to live on hand outs from pity. The gave me some stickers and told me to sell them and make the 5$ to earn my board. I wasn’t even a teen, and you can imagine the self esteem issues I had being homeless and my mom would rather buy cigarettes and beer than her kid a 5$ skateboard. Approaching people on the street trying to pawn off stickers was a absolutely horrific proposition to me, major anxiety. Luckily the stickers they gave me to sell were ******* dope! I had surfing stickers from the 80’s. I felt comfortable approaching some surfer dudes about selling stickers so I set that as my strategy. First group I approached was very responsive and acted very enthusiastic in buying my stickers, it was probably a combo of me being a pitiful sight selling stickers on the street and the fact I actually had dope stickers. I returned to the yard sale and and got my skateboard. Not only did I learn to ride it, I could have advanced my skill level to professional if I desired. Getting that board was the start of my method of survival and acquiring resources. In order to get what I wanted I got others what they wanted and relied on my ingenuity. I prize my autonomy and I achieved that, freeing myself from burdensome schedules and enforced hourly wage. I wasn’t surrounded by scholars or people encouraging intelligent thought. I was not encouraged to fit into regular society and this is a major regret for me. I could have advanced academically, I was capable as a student, but it simply did not stimulate me, and rigid social order I find so utterly distasteful I couldn’t bear it. I was trapped to survive and not thrive for a long time. Going on here opened up some communication with folks who are educated and respectable professionals and I value this place, I feel I owe it something. It took me forever to cultivate a clear vision and some capabilities to share it. This is a special corner of the internet and I love it.
View attachment 1091350
People I always looked up to and admired I hang out with now. This was my favorite skater growing up. Peter smolik.
View attachment 1091351
View attachment 1091349
Out of everything I posted, this is what the people responded to most. None of this stuff is impressive to me really. I honestly look at the stuff and feel silly lol
Always love reading your posts, man. Like you, I have come to appreciate the wide variety of backgrounds, talents and ideas on this forum and I’m thankful for it. Keep grinding and posting, I’m a big fan.

Last edited:

PLaydice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I used to have the Alca-Smolik shirt, loved shorties. The Chadillac Muskalade was sick too
It was our team growing up. I would see them skateboard in the physical and on video, had a huge impact on me. The idea of being creative and mixing it with the athleticism of skateboarding appealed to me very fast. It gives you a way to earn a name with a piece of wood. It’s all about your capabilities with the simple wheels and a deck, they are LEGENDS.

Have you seen this recently? Ten years ago, I’d see it frequently in used bookstores, but I haven’t in years. I know the bookstores at least google everything they buy now. There are some free price comparison apps (for any product) that ‘regular’ peeps use, but it could be a bit cumbersome uploading a upc pic of every book.
They are mostly extinct, they couldn’t adapt to the new environments quick enough relying on the stupid scanner to be informative. If you can scan and find it your competing immediately with the one your learning from with more exposure.

Great story, great stuff!
Thanks, it was a spontaneous communication resulting from the thought that showing a little love isn’t hard to do.

Yo Playdice is that Adidas Jumpsuit in posted couple of days ago anything special ?
I searched your posts and I cannot locate the suit.

Your reply is strange to me, I’m not vexed maybe perplexed. My take is, my personality is alien to you, yours is to me as well. How you view yourself, the world and everything is different and this is the resulting response to my communication I guess? I move like water, I flow where I’m supposed too, the right folks are attuned to my frequency and I entertain, inspire and interact with such people. My communication is for them, simply disregard me if I cause you discomfort. I’m under no illusion I universally appeal to the board posters, but I don’t consciously wish to **** up anybody’s experience here.

CWOyaji

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Aussies and some others are on it:

cark-it. Verb. (third-person singular simple present carks it, present participle carking it, simple past and past participle carked it) (UK, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand, slang) To die. The guy was running, then he had a heart attack and carkedit.

PLaydice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oh I get it, dudes incredulous to my claims? Took a second to sink in. Anyway, everything I claim is more than verifiable because I am a public person. My physical body is not hidden by location or from cameras. My name is Anthony G. Terranova. All of my friends who knew me from the past didn’t die or disappear, they are still in touch. I have photographic evidence of most things. One of my best friends growing up is Shuriken shannon. Google him skateboarding. I’m literally getting back into it and filming and my current level as a 33 year old man skateboarding will be on display. I communicate no falsehoods, my assessment of my skills is right and exact. I have far more input I could give but it’s a waste. Anyway, I’m also fuming a documentary about clothes featuring a lot of people. They will be talking about me and my past and what I have done, who I am. And you can get it out of someone else’s mouth if that legitimizes something for you dude. I literately demonstrate everything I state regularly. I film it live sometimes completely improvised. **** do I got to lie about? I will meet in person, you can chop a piece off me, cook it up, put it in a ******* spoon son. Im dope. It’s truth like the lords truth.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads