• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HansderHund

Distinguished Member
Staff member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Nowhere better in the world for vintage sunglasses, I swear. Frenchy and KBags are going to go there and have a death match!

I’m eating them up as often as I can since they’ll eventually be a bit harder to find. It helps that a lot of what I find was made in Austria or Germany. If they’re destroyed and cheap enough, I buy them anyway and keep them in a box as I’ve found the same models before and can replace parts.

Those cazals and uvex are crazy cool.

I’m crazy about those UVEX. The “sport line” from the ‘70s and ‘80s is awesome.

For whatever reason, I still haven’t found a pair of Alpina M1s in a thrift. My white whale.

impuntura

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Speaking of ,my first ever pair of JPG.
Kbadg I'm coming for youuuuuuuuuuuuuuu.
20181209_145343.jpg
20181209_145330.jpg
20181209_145404.jpg

CWOyaji

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
While I have the sunglasses experts in attendance, can anyone confirm this pair I thrifted last week are german-made? For personal use. The quality of the frame, hinges and glass are very high and the shape says 80's Europe to me somehow, but I can't make out the branding. Markings partly rubbed off but I'm guessing the "-WG" here stands for West Germany, which would indicate 80's or earlier. If anybody knows.
80EB7D12-A3E9-4DB7-97D4-AAD602F965F1.jpeg

A79E76A0-F092-4773-BF4E-3D32B7DBD148.jpeg
1726BBD5-2F4B-484D-B834-1308AF8A3E1E.jpeg

eaeden

Reaction score
Both are fire. Dark blue is my preference. Shoes are sick... wish I found them

i got these stan smiths for $7 USD, they didnt come with laces but i have extra laces at home. how are the shoes? and which laces are better?

ZlRJNSH.jpg

8idFdfM.jpg

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

California Dreamer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
when i was at the store i thought it was a good buy at $7 since the normal price for a pair of adidas shoes was many times that and the shoes look like they have only been worn like once based the wear of the bottom
I bought a pair of Adidas Gazelles for $7 once. They're nothing special, and they weren't even in very good nick, but they did fit me, so I thought what the hell. The make excellent beater shoes, I wear them several times a week, and I've even had people complement me on them. So if you like them and plan to wear them yourself, then why not? As others have said though, you aren't going to flip them easily.

If you're thinking of buying to flip an item, it's always a good idea to get onto eBay, search sold items and see what price it might command. You can bet the store probably did that before pricing them.

JohnAAG

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I bought a pair of Adidas Gazelles for $7 once. They're nothing special, and they weren't even in very good nick, but they did fit me, so I thought what the hell. The make excellent beater shoes, I wear them several times a week, and I've even had people complement me on them. So if you like them and plan to wear them yourself, then why not? As others have said though, you aren't going to flip them easily.

If you're thinking of buying to flip an item, it's always a good idea to get onto eBay, search sold items and see what price it might command. You can bet the store probably did that before pricing them.

Re: Adidas Gazelles

The Gazelle IIs in this colorway (dark indigo/Argentina Blue) are somewhat valuable:

cl057-adidas-gazelle-2-dark-indigo-argentina-white-2.jpg

James Bond wore them in Skyfall and Bond collectors will pay decent money for them in good shape. I've been looking for a pair for a while ...

eaeden

Reaction score
Wait a second- I’ve been reading this thread for a couple years and contributing very sporadically. I can tell you that I’ve seen people here throwing out tepid congratulations (but not multiple posts of chastisement) for way worse finds than those shoes— for instance, dress shirts from Eton, Ted Baker, Brooks Bros, and Polo (not the big print stuff that hipsters pay for, but the regular old oxfords or whatever), all of which would sell on eBay at or below the price he could get for those shoes. Now he might have overpaid (or not, idk what sort of multiple you folks look for). But I don’t get why, in this case, the shoes are like a SF Teachable Moment (tm), but in those instances it’s like, “keep grinding, bro, learn to love the bins, we can’t all be Spoo.” (with due respect to spoo’s totally incredible hauls)?

You guys find awesome stuff, and I’ve learned a ton from this thread, but how many beaten up barbours did the dude need to post before these adidas to make them cool? Or did he need to find something like a bespoke peccary condom or a unicorn horn golf divot tool?

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wait a second- I’ve been reading this thread for a couple years and contributing very sporadically. I can tell you that I’ve seen people here throwing out tepid congratulations (but not multiple posts of chastisement) for way worse finds than those shoes— for instance, dress shirts from Eton, Ted Baker, Brooks Bros, and Polo (not the big print stuff that hipsters pay for, but the regular old oxfords or whatever), all of which would sell on eBay at or below the price he could get for those shoes. Now he might have overpaid (or not, idk what sort of multiple you folks look for). But I don’t get why, in this case, the shoes are like a SF Teachable Moment (tm), but in those instances it’s like, “keep grinding, bro, learn to love the bins, we can’t all be Spoo.” (with due respect to spoo’s totally incredible hauls)?

You guys find awesome stuff, and I’ve learned a ton from this thread, but how many beaten up barbours did the dude need to post before these adidas to make them cool? Or did he need to find something like a bespoke peccary condom or a unicorn horn golf divot tool?

The mandatory entry is a vicuna codpiece. :nest:

impuntura

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
While I have the sunglasses experts in attendance, can anyone confirm this pair I thrifted last week are german-made? For personal use. The quality of the frame, hinges and glass are very high and the shape says 80's Europe to me somehow, but I can't make out the branding. Markings partly rubbed off but I'm guessing the "-WG" here stands for West Germany, which would indicate 80's or earlier. If anybody knows.
View attachment 1086703
View attachment 1086704 View attachment 1086705

I don't think so.that design is post 80's.
Plus I've seen many many pairs made in Germany and I've never seen it marked like that.

California Dreamer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Re: Adidas Gazelles

The Gazelle IIs in this colorway (dark indigo/Argentina Blue) are somewhat valuable:

View attachment 1086757

James Bond wore them in Skyfall and Bond collectors will pay decent money for them in good shape. I've been looking for a pair for a while ...
These are mine. Close, but not the same. As you can see, beater shoes. 20181210_084626.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads