• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A few other minor finds.

Personal staples…Orvis vest, orange tab MIUSA Levi’s and Patagucci shorts.
View attachment 1972305

‘96 Olympics swag for my boys. T-shirt is cool because it’s embroidered.
View attachment 1972307 View attachment 1972309

Any Bay Area guys here? @Centaurus3200, @CWOyaji ?? I was in college and remember watching Game 3 of the ‘89 World Series (Giants vs A’s) with a fraternity brother who was from Mill Valley, just north of San Francisco, when this earthquake hit. Pretty scary.
View attachment 1972311

I was in the middle of a JV water polo game at Pali Alto High School during that one. It was sort of entertaining. It took several hours to get home, and we ended up walking the last couple of miles and going back for the car later.

capnwes

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Dang, 6 months since the last pair!

Thrifted Shells #243 Hanover LB Sheppard
IMG_0031.jpeg

div25sec9

Reaction score
RRL with never have polo anywhere on it. ALL of the font to the crowns to the embroidery everything is wrong for polo as well. I think not only is it not RRL but also not even polo.

Thanks!

I figured that it looked pretty sketchy, but since they have an exchange policy, I figured it wouldn't hurt to gamble on some RRL.

capnwes

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
@capnwes Weren’t you averaging like a pair of shells a week for awhile? I’ve noticed good dress shoes and tailored clothing in general becoming more scarce at the thrifts. Some of the local Goodwill stores even axed the suit section entirely….
Average is a pair about every 2-3 weeks. 6 pairs was best day.

Last edited:

silverwarebandit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Some recent stuff

Menswear from ‘10
IMG_9783.jpeg

Older big John sun bleached chambray work shirt is a keeper
IMG_9784.jpeg

PRL alligator with .925 buckle and a handmade German belt that must’ve taken forever to assemble
IMG_9785.jpeg
IMG_9786.jpeg

A lot of women’s pants
IMG_9787.jpeg

Weird Stefano Ricci that has double collars and cuffs, buttons the womens way but is size 15.5/39???
IMG_9788.jpeg

Bijan that someone frankensteined
IMG_9789.jpeg
IMG_9790.jpeg
IMG_9791.jpeg
IMG_9792.jpeg

Old Polo totally unstructured with some cool details
IMG_9793.jpeg
IMG_9794.jpeg

New to me Japanese denim brand Minedenim
IMG_9795.jpeg
IMG_9796.jpeg

Bunch of men’s pants, PT Torino easy pants in washable wool are keepers
IMG_9797.jpeg

Gucci mules with a bit of wear but couldn’t leave em
IMG_9798.jpeg

Secret drakes
IMG_9799.jpeg
IMG_9800.jpeg

mistermidwester

Reaction score
Some pretty decent LPs today at $2 per. I’ve not heard several of these (the Knopfler, either of the Indochine, Cope, Barry Cleveland, Splitt, and Scofield), just bought them based on label / listed instrumentation. I pretty much buy any Caedmon LPs, as I love spoken word / literary stuff. A couple of these are still sealed.

IMG_1142.jpeg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads