• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Juntao90

Reaction score
6D419452-134D-4F87-91EB-84EC8279974E.jpeg

speckledstuff

Reaction score

Sartoriamo

Reaction score
I've probably said this before, but in my little town, the grocery store, the Goodwill, the furniture consignment store, and the in-store Starbucks are all in the same small, square plaza, a few hundred feet apart. The GW is very small (probably 1/4-1/8 of the normal big city store), so I am in there almost every day for a quick 5-minute walkthrough of the key areas. I almost never come out with a cartload, but I get an item or few every second or third visit. If I could kop these couple of items every day I'd be in good shape. So today . . .

90s Doc Marten brogues, worn once? Or maybe only indoors. Soles look new.
IMG_2540.JPG
IMG_2541.JPG
IMG_2542.JPG

Great heft, construction and color from this Hilfiger. I know Hilfiger prices are all over the place, so I normally avoid it, but this looked and felt strong. Ripstop nylon outside, fleece inside. I know there are experts on here when it comes to the subject, so happy for your insights. The right stuff? Paid only a few bucks, so no worries either way.
IMG_2543.jpg
IMG_2544.jpg

Last edited:

Letric

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Great heft, construction and color from this Hilfiger. I know Hilfiger prices are all over the place, so I normally avoid it, but this looked and felt strong. Ripstop nylon outside, fleece inside. I know there are experts on here when it comes to the subject, so happy for your insights. The right stuff? Paid only a few bucks, so no worries either way.

Not an expert but I have that same exact jacket, only in Red/Blue/Yellow colorway. Yours is cool with the Green - Kinda snow beach vibes.

When I found mine like 5 years ago I looked it up and valued around $90-150ish. Seems like Hilfiger and Nautica have dropped a decent amount. The only jackets getting near to that anymore are the more flashy logo'd ones, big puffers and the spellout sleeve types. If I went to sell mine I'd prolly expect $60-90 or less. Yours may be more with that Green.

Juntao90

Reaction score
Do you guys come across Arc’Teryx gore tex jackets often at true thrift? I feel like anytime you see someone finding Arcteryx, it’s the soft shell or Atom jackets and even down ones, but I don’t see much thrifters finding the pro gore tex shells. The heavy duty avalanche level ones.

sushijerk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do you guys come across Arc’Teryx gore tex jackets often at true thrift? I feel like anytime you see someone finding Arcteryx, it’s the soft shell or Atom jackets and even down ones, but I don’t see much thrifters finding the pro gore tex shells. The heavy duty avalanche level ones.
Definitely not. I think I've found two arc gore pieces total since 2016 that were in good condition. Usually if you see a high end jacket it will have a rip or be delaminated or something that explains why someone didn't hang on to it.

goatamous II

Reaction score
I've found two in the last few years (one of which was covered by warranty so I got a free replacement)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads