• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@Bon Vivant Life

I keep forgetting to give you a shout out. Thanks for the 1996 Phoenix Bouldering Contest t-shirt. This is an outstanding throwback… For those that don’t know the story, I went to the PBC every year it was held from 1997 through 2003.

125FA30C-A63F-4D5C-B1BF-2E288079900F.jpeg

Last edited:

Guitar Preacher

Reaction score
Since it has all arrived I can share my thrift funded backpacking set up

Palante Desert pack- after researching fabrics I wanted something made from ultraweave. Palante seems to be the maker everyone has copied the last few years and there was no wait time it shipped the next day. It’s perfectly fine in size for the trips I plan to use it on but will buy something bigger if I do any international trips.
MSR- Hubba Hubba 2
Enlightened Equipment quilt- love it, made in USA, super light, packs small and lofts right back up
Nemo Switchback- also bought a clearance Klymit Static V pad for $30
MSR PocketRocket 2 cook set, $10 tyvek ground cloth, Katadyn beFree water filter, tiny $18 Rovyvon flashlight (didn’t want a headlamp), Cocoon inflatable pillow, I’ve been lucky to thrift most clothing (merino layers, shorts, a couple pair of Smartwool mid calf thick socks believe it or not) but do plan to have an Enlightened Equipment jacket made

7F171999-EF53-4319-8EE4-5681AA564682.jpeg 36ADD240-5B5A-4C59-8BDC-D2C589BDB219.jpeg 4A9A4518-A3FC-4F2C-B731-88223159DFCC.jpeg

Letric

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well since there hasn't been a post in 15 hours or so, I'll throw my hat into the ring with this shoe haul from the other day:

20220808_124849.jpg

About 1 or 2 pairs per stop. Top row is all AE. Bottom L-R is Frye women's, AE and Ferragamo. First pair of good Ferragamos I've seen in a while.

Anyone else experience finding shoes like this?.. dry for weeks then in 1 day I'll get like 5-8 pairs, then nothing for weeks again. When it rains it pours kinda deal.

Juntao90

Reaction score
Well since there hasn't been a post in 15 hours or so, I'll throw my hat into the ring with this shoe haul from the other day:

View attachment 1820952

About 1 or 2 pairs per stop. Top row is all AE. Bottom L-R is Frye women's, AE and Ferragamo. First pair of good Ferragamos I've seen in a while.

Anyone else experience finding shoes like this?.. dry for weeks then in 1 day I'll get like 5-8 pairs, then nothing for weeks again. When it rains it pours kinda deal.

I have one particular store that I’ve noticed the same guy will donate high end shoes. A lot of them that are worn less than 4 times with most just showing cosmetic wear to the welted sole. They are my size as well.

sartorialism

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Massive haul yesterday. Bunch of perfect Zegna suits for ten dollars a piece. Thank God, none fit.
Question: I found some vintage Elite Prelude glasses while thrifting (.99 each), but can find almost nothing online about the brand. Can anyone tell me about it?

flipstah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

View attachment 1820952

Yup have had those days. It's based on processing times and the crew working on it. Sometimes it goes into clusters; sometimes it's spread out.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads