• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

sushijerk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Two in front are for one of my sons; forgot to get a pic of the brand new Charvet one I gave him last week. P&S is for me.
View attachment 1810126
I e-thrifted these a while back and have been seeing a lot of rain on the lenses the last week or so, which is rare in July where I live near San Francisco.
View attachment 1810128
Clearly loves one son more than the other.

CWOyaji

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Depends on what sizes the thrift gods send my way. I'm an XL, one son is an L and the other is a medium. Believe me, they both get taken care of.

Last edited:

Rumpelstiltskin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think I need a black suit for an event later on this month. Yeah I know no one really needs a black suit if they have a tuxedo but my tux was bought during the early 90s and looks it. So yeah I need a black suit or tux. I'm like a 40 - 42 (I gained a lil weight but I'm still have a 33 waist, just have a lil pooch above it) and cheap

I have a notch collar :confused2: Versace tux size 38 that I can trade away. I bought for my son but it's waaay too big for him so it has sat here for about 4 years. Anyone?

wumpyfish

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^ I got a black Thierry Mugler size euro 52, 34x29 ish you can have for, future considerations, a player to be named later yada yada, looks a lot like this one from a guy who use to post here...

Rumpelstiltskin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

MMiUSA

Reaction score
I have had some good finds recently and will post up some shortly, but I do have a question.

anybody by chance recognize the attached logo? Inside of purse I found. No tags, YKK zippers, Aztec-ish print with leather accents.

Thanks!
1276D903-AB64-4B4C-8438-DEF1CB9E1F21.jpeg

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
there was a pretty funny reno 911 joak about a * double xy * license plate

MMiUSA

Reaction score
there was a pretty funny reno 911 joak about a * double xy * license plate

the mystery thickens!

Lol

No idea but it reminds me of Dos Equis.

I kept looking at it like a Y and A, or Y and V, but now I can’t unsee the XX from DE… lol. Thanks!

This thing was next to free, but looks kind of nice, so I just grabbed it with a bigger pile of stuff I had that was; Gucci, Tumi, etc. but it was really a mystery pick just based on the Aztec trend and it feels decent. Leather feels real, so it’s at least kohls and not Walmart! Ha.

caiSad

Reaction score
A few more furniture projects from the last little while. I stopped at a thrift today and the shelves were bare. So I'll stick with the refinishing work for now. Things are selling well.

I bought a couple of 1970s cast-aluminum warehouse lights and wired and stripped/painted them. Put in some LED bulbs and now they're footlights:

View attachment 1798665

View attachment 1798667

Refinished these Umanoff barstools, replaced all the hardware, and painted the frames:

View attachment 1798669

Did another 1930s sink:

View attachment 1798670

Reggiani Light:

View attachment 1798675

Refinished this rosewood piece and replaced the ugly vinyl-wrapped skirt with chrome legs:
View attachment 1798662
All are awesome, I am in love with them.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads