• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tennis has been running me ragged over 4 states lately. If I am not at a tourney, practice, or clinic, I am home restringing racquets. Anyway, this past Saturday, I was going to sleep in for a change. But, the wife reminded me that a local church was having a rummage sale. I, reluctantly, arrived at the sale an hour after it started. I quickly found a couple pairs of AE and looked over... Abruptly, the shoes dropped from my hands. Leaning against the wall was a gorgeous, dirty as hell, 1985 Haro Sport with some rad upgrades. I grabbed the thrashed Oakley B1B grip right as a worker walked up. It didn't have a sticker. Lump in my throat, I asked, "How much?" He said, "Well, it's awful dirty. How about $10?" Barely suppressing an uncharacteristically girlish giggle, I approach the counter. I told them the guy said $10. They seemed to think that was a bit much and were going to offer a discount. I gave them a $50 bill and told them to keep the change. Immediately, they elevated me to St. Robert. I left out of there like a thief in the night. I posted pics on a BMX FB group. I received a $1500 + shipping offer within 10 minutes. Since then, there's been numerous offers. But, I am holding onto this one for a while.

View attachment 1807320 View attachment 1807322

That would’ve been so much nicer than the ****** banana seat hand-me-down-from-my-cousin I was riding back then…

Ace_Face

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Tennis has been running me ragged over 4 states lately. If I am not at a tourney, practice, or clinic, I am home restringing racquets. Anyway, this past Saturday, I was going to sleep in for a change. But, the wife reminded me that a local church was having a rummage sale. I, reluctantly, arrived at the sale an hour after it started. I quickly found a couple pairs of AE and looked over... Abruptly, the shoes dropped from my hands. Leaning against the wall was a gorgeous, dirty as hell, 1985 Haro Sport with some rad upgrades. I grabbed the thrashed Oakley B1B grip right as a worker walked up. It didn't have a sticker. Lump in my throat, I asked, "How much?" He said, "Well, it's awful dirty. How about $10?" Barely suppressing an uncharacteristically girlish giggle, I approach the counter. I told them the guy said $10. They seemed to think that was a bit much and were going to offer a discount. I gave them a $50 bill and told them to keep the change. Immediately, they elevated me to St. Robert. I left out of there like a thief in the night. I posted pics on a BMX FB group. I received a $1500 + shipping offer within 10 minutes. Since then, there's been numerous offers. But, I am holding onto this one for a while.

Our church has a massive rummage sale every year. I usually go over to help a couple times before it starts (takes 2 months to set up) and get a chance to snag some things ahead of the crowd. You can find some amazing stuff there. Not going to see Kiton but lots of vintage including bikes, skateboards, furniture, stereos, etc.

sandfourman

Reaction score
Yesterday after work stops typically the stores don't have anything.
IMG_20220627_191555.jpg
IMG_20220627_184029.jpg
IMG_20220627_184032.jpg

Centaurus3200

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
so i take it that for now... you are gonna keep it a ride it?

i'd do the same! ENJOY!

you can always sell it later once you are positive you won't have any regrets.

guessing you will keep the original tires, but put something on that won't kill you. LOL!

can you get something close to the same color?

Rumpelstiltskin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Shoei is vintage New Old Stock

img_20220626_153119-jpg.1806886

Shoei RF-800. Note: the current model is the RF-1400

fyi: My first helmet was a Shoei RF-200 back in the early 90s :-D

Last edited:

carreragt7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Nataku those cranks can go for pretty decent coin by themselves, but you probably already know that because you’re you. If you end up parting it out be sure to include bmx in the title.
Or just send me the cranks and I’ll send you something similar vintage in exchange. ;)

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Speaking of bikes, I forgot to share a better pic of the Spawn Cycles Banshee. This is a newish company out of Squamish, BC. I already fixed the front brake, and have more cables coming so I can fix the rear. I might have to pry this bike out of my son’s hands. 😜

56CD7393-2D26-4087-A0E1-C5CE6F9E11C6.jpeg

tonylumpkin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Pop on the Miyake that was kind of a bonus added to the four brand new AEs that I found. The three boxes contain a pair of Park Avenues in black, a pair of chili, scotch grain loafers which look a lot like Venetians of old and an Italian made pair of loafers. The fourth pair (without box) is shell cordovan Randolphs with JR soles and dovetail heels.

2CC64C53-EFF4-46D3-B8B1-D521EA0E3D66.jpeg

0474D42A-128D-46AA-982C-60AABFE5D975.jpeg

drlivingston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Speaking of bikes, I forgot to share a better pic of the Spawn Cycles Banshee. This is a newish company out of Squamish, BC. I already fixed the front brake, and have more cables coming so I can fix the rear. I might have to pry this bike out of my son’s hands. 😜

View attachment 1807550
Thanks for the picture. I love learning about different brands. Is that the predecessor of the Yoji? Those cranks look solid!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics