• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ace_Face

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wish this were larger

TWSS

592539F6-B630-48A5-999D-25881959AECE.gif

Letric

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The consensus is LA is pretty bad for thrifting right? I'm here for a wedding and don't have much time but can stop by a couple of stores. Any cool store recs in general?

All I know about LA thrifting is:

- The city is HUGE. There's shitloads of shops everywhere of all types.

- Tons of competitors. New racks are generally stripped clean of any value by vultures within 30 seconds. Tons of vintage sifters and people from overseas also looking for vintage Americana.

- Lots of shops/services/systems/people there that are funnels for other businesses and vintage stores - meaning that stuff gets donated and funneled off to be priced up elsewhere pretty quick.

- Sparse racks/shelves. It's not like where I live where the housewares aisle has 40 pans, 200 pcs of cutlery, 17 coffee makers, etc.. There will be literally maybe 1 coffee maker and 3 forks in the whole store at some locations.

However, even with all these obstacles I've managed a few decent finds when visiting. Won't say what or exactly where, as I'm not from there and don't want to blow anything up. However I will say that the Buffalo Exchanges there have been good to me. Often the good higher end stuff gets underpriced and overlooked due to all the "vintage hype kids" in that city.

carreragt7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
DE93B8D0-FBEF-465B-8BF3-EE39FA8E8C1F.jpeg

Who’s our resident Tag Heuerrr expert? Just picked one up, seems much better quality than most luxury knock offs I’ve seen or handled. True thrift so not getting my hopes up too much. More/slightly better pics when I’m done hitting stores.

carreragt7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The tag was a replica, generic movement but all functions work. $10 so not the end of the world. Also got these boots and NWT versaccce so I’m not complaining. Interesting fact, I’ve found more pairs of Seaaa Turtttle boots than I have shell cordovan shoes. 3+ pairs now… the proof that Tony Starkkk had a heart display is my son’s new thrifted nightlight, pretty cool.
C71C433B-7E70-44E5-A324-79A4A1C8CFF4.jpeg
AA048091-9820-41F0-9D7A-3D9F1F5A8378.jpeg
147BEB1C-685A-4D99-968D-B687D10B6991.jpeg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads