• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

tonylumpkin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Damn. I'm glad for you that you're able to find such valuable things at such low costs.. But I'm sure I'm not alone when I say I really wish the stores around here were as ignorant to values as the ones in your area.

Around my parts nearly every single piece of jewelry gets screened. Anything gold or silver gets sifted out. Anything marked 925 or sterling definitely gets sifted out (including silverware). Something would have to be virtually unmarked and really bad looking to remotely make it past their screening system. I'm aware that they do acid testing to some items as well.

As for watches, they do the jars too but nothing more than a Timex gets put in them. Watch jars typically range from $30 to $100+. I used to see the occasional beat up Seiko back in the day, but now they're combing those out too. It's all just bubblegum machine watches in there nowadays, with the occasional Timex.

Been doing this nearly 12 years and I look at those jars somewhat frequently, as well as jewelry in the glass case.. I've never once seen a good watch worth buying, nor anything of good value jewelry-wise. Yet you'll still see these guys in there with jeweler's loupes going over every jar lol. You're better off looking for sterling cuff-links left on a shirt, or belt buckles but the staff know about those now too.
Agree, but I did find a .99 belt earlier this week with .925 hardware.

Rumpelstiltskin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not at all a thrift, but NWOT and under 10%, and ******* incredible

1643238715643.png

I would look magnificent in this

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@capnwes

Yeah they’re rewriting some stuff due to google. C.B.D. Without the periods is now conservative business dress

What about recreational marijuana? Cannabis? Cocaine? Hookers and Blow?

Sartoriamo

Reaction score
Did it really? Didn’t that happen a few weeks ago to someone else?
I got censored for referring to an LL Bean item as a Bean with an -er on the end. I had no idea it was even a pejorative. Still learning after all these years . . .

carreragt7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’m just sad that our resident adult actress no longer has her name in the tags at the top of the thread. Pour one out for poor misspenisgay…

they’re cleaning up the joint. Guess my ugly mug’s days are numbered

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 83 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.1%

Forum statistics

Threads