• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

JackFlash

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

eddiegreen

Reaction score
2C09E2A6-58AA-4A9E-AD7D-422157C0170F.jpeg

7147BF18-52E8-4484-8357-034A2A679DD4.jpeg

Nataku

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have yet to come across pre-recorded reel 2 reel tapes in the wild. Reel 2 reel > vinyl, no? Funny thing: Just last night I was thinking about recording some 16 & 24 bit music onto reels at different speeds 3.5 ips & 7 ips (that's all my recorder does) in order to see which appeals to me the most.

Ahh the old Commodore 64 and the obligatory single sided floppy drive. I loved that thing. When I got it for Christmas one year, my Canadian cousin with the tape drive equipped VIC 20 was green with envy. He tried in vain to convince me of the superiority of tapes. He failed

Sidenote: What's going on with those 2 switches on the front of the floppy drive? It seems that someone modded it

View attachment 1735083

Now that I think of it, he had this tape drive

View attachment 1735084

I've always thought that reel to reel was about as perfect sound as possible from an analog source. I've only found pre-recorded RTR tapes at a thrift 3-4 times ever.

Yeah, I noticed that switch on the front of the disk drive too. Flipped it and it didn't seem to do anything.

Sartoriamo

Reaction score
Some random stuff.

Case is rough but tape is in nice shape. Reel to reel stuff is insanely hard to find.

View attachment 1734344

View attachment 1734345

I was kind of wondering when reissues would start making their way to the thrifts. These (except Deep Purple which is an OG press) are all mint 180g re-releases with all the inserts.

View attachment 1734353

View attachment 1734346

View attachment 1734347

View attachment 1734348

View attachment 1734354

View attachment 1734355

Never knew computer cables could be so expensive...

View attachment 1734349

View attachment 1734350

View attachment 1734351

View attachment 1734356

View attachment 1734352
OK, so Commodore 64 story I've never told: back in the early 80s, I was dating one of the daughters of Scotland's most famous entertainer. Having money, he was the first person I ever met who had bought a computer, and it was the C64. He couldn't figure out how to work it, so he gave it to me. Turned out it came with a game called Lode Runner. Anyone old enough to remember that?

Well damn, it had 150 levels and every night I came home from work and played that ^&*%( game until 2am. Getting through every level took me months. My social life went to nothing. When I finally completed all the levels, I packed up the C64, returned it to him, and have never played a computer game since. I think that put countless thousands of productive hours back into my life. I realized very early that I have an addictive nature that might work well for thrifting, but would be an impossible time suck when lost in a game.

Bottom line: screw the metaverse. I'm staying right here . . .

Stewie

Reaction score
On Off switch is modded for Jiffy Dos probably, also, it was modded to change drive number from 8 to 9 manually as well

I have yet to come across pre-recorded reel 2 reel tapes in the wild. Reel 2 reel > vinyl, no? Funny thing: Just last night I was thinking about recording some 16 & 24 bit music onto reels at different speeds 3.5 ips & 7 ips (that's all my recorder does) in order to see which appeals to me the most.

Ahh the old Commodore 64 and the obligatory single sided floppy drive. I loved that thing. When I got it for Christmas one year, my Canadian cousin with the tape drive equipped VIC 20 was green with envy. He tried in vain to convince me of the superiority of tapes. He failed

Sidenote: What's going on with those 2 switches on the front of the floppy drive? It seems that someone modded it

View attachment 1735083

Now that I think of it, he had this tape drive

View attachment 1735084

Rumpelstiltskin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
OK, so Commodore 64 story I've never told: back in the early 80s, I was dating one of the daughters of Scotland's most famous entertainer. Having money, he was the first person I ever met who had bought a computer, and it was the C64. He couldn't figure out how to work it, so he gave it to me. Turned out it came with a game called Lode Runner. Anyone old enough to remember that?

Well damn, it had 150 levels and every night I came home from work and played that ^&*%( game until 2am. Getting through every level took me months. My social life went to nothing. When I finally completed all the levels, I packed up the C64, returned it to him, and have never played a computer game since. I think that put countless thousands of productive hours back into my life. I realized very early that I have an addictive nature that might work well for thrifting, but would be an impossible time suck when lost in a game.

Bottom line: screw the metaverse. I'm staying right here . . .

Lode Runner!!! You just took it back

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First video game i ever played was Jeopardy on a Tandy computer. Pretty sure it had like 24k memory or something since it said that every time it finally booted up lol

Oh man, I remember that old game, though we had the PC Version.

The first and only game I ever beat was the original Mario Brothers, in the arcade at Bullwinkle's. Like @Sartoriamo , I realized early on that I didn't need to get addicted to video games.

SCoNE

Reaction score
Wow, been years since my last post with life getting in the way, but this one I couldn't not post about. All my size (13) though a bit overkill for my day-job. Two pairs of the four tassels are shell.

XPRO7359.jpg

From top left:
C&J Swansea, Alden 48574, Alden 01925, C&J Grasmere, Belgian Shoes Henri in Black and Brown, Alden 34381, Alden 06601, Peal & Co (Sargent?) for BB Black Perf Caps

IMG_0325.JPG
IMG_0323.JPG
IMG_0324.JPG

And for good measure:
IMG_0322.JPG

drlivingston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
First video game i ever played was Jeopardy on a Tandy computer. Pretty sure it had like 24k memory or something since it said that every time it finally booted up lol
I spent hours on Trash computers. My first game was Parsec on a TRS80.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads