• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thrift fit… I thrifted this Ibex sweater recently, and it fits perfectly. I caught seven trout (one rainbow and six brown) today, after going for a 5.3 mile trail run.

64C2B624-7B3C-478F-ABA8-EDD59483733B.jpeg

tonylamerCJC

Reaction score
Two years ago I was completely done with thrifting. Going to ten stores to find a pair of AE tassel loafers had zero appeal to me. I was pissed off at thrift pricing and jealous of the LA guys who found Tom Ford suits on a Wednesday 10 minutes before closing. Since Covid started the work-from-home trend I've found that what I really like is putting sweat equity into things (furniture, mostly) and taking pride in the process of restoring pieces. And learning how to do this properly. The teak table below is the second I've done in 3 weeks. It was $20 and in dumpster shape and needed everything done to it. The sink is from 1937 and is in the process of curing so I can sand the new epoxy.

I think this is a Majestic lamp. The accents are solid teak, but I need to remove the old finish and repair them.

IMG_7098.JPG
IMG_7049.JPG
IMG_7057.JPG

IMG_6973.JPG

silverwarebandit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Two years ago I was completely done with thrifting. Going to ten stores to find a pair of AE tassel loafers had zero appeal to me. I was pissed off at thrift pricing and jealous of the LA guys who found Tom Ford suits on a Wednesday 10 minutes before closing. Since Covid started the work-from-home trend I've found that what I really like is putting sweat equity into things (furniture, mostly) and taking pride in the process of restoring pieces. And learning how to do this properly. The teak table below is the second I've done in 3 weeks. It was $20 and in dumpster shape and needed everything done to it. The sink is from 1937 and is in the process of curing so I can sand the new epoxy.

I think this is a Majestic lamp. The accents are solid teak, but I need to remove the old finish and repair them.

View attachment 1690935 View attachment 1690937 View attachment 1690939
View attachment 1690946
This is awesome! Do you have photos of your processes / the pieces’ progress?

tonylamerCJC

Reaction score
This is awesome! Do you have photos of your processes / the pieces’ progress?

I'm thinking of starting a YouTube channel like that Dashner Design & Restoration guy to show the steps. I think I have the voice for it. The problem is the goddamn winter is about to hit southern Ontario and that means a 6-month pause.

cpmac7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

View attachment 1690935 View attachment 1690937 View attachment 1690939
View attachment 1690946
That sink is so damn cool.

Zerase

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can anyone please help me ID these? Trying to sell them locally here in Sweden, but I am having trouble pricing them accordingly. I believe these are LVC 501XX 1955 but they are made in USA and not in some bullshit country like Turkey like most other I see online.

Many thanks

Z

Attachments

• IMG_3388.jpeg
    IMG_3388.jpeg
    206.5 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_3392.jpeg
    IMG_3392.jpeg
    353.6 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_3399.jpeg
    IMG_3399.jpeg
    296.3 KB · Views: 33

silverwarebandit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those are 1947’s - LVC does the first two digits for year, the next three for cut - 47501. These are rigids

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads