• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

goatamous II

Reaction score
I've been enjoying the bath scarves myself
(Some silk ones as well already claimed by the Mrs)

PS - if anyone recognizes the font on that cashmere one and can ID a brand that would be helpful.
IMG_20211020_211747.jpg IMG_20211020_211800.jpg IMG_20211020_211803.jpg IMG_20211020_211807.jpg

Also this
16347792815239180435003509213328.jpg
This one

loads of other items but I don't get around to pics often

Audio guys - totally out of my wheel house. Was at work and the warehouse guys were tossing these. They all seemingly turn on but I wouldn't really know what to do (tune ups etc). Any tips would greatly be appreciated.
A quick google shoes they're not worth too much so they might be destined for the donation bin in the end.
IMG_20211020_205502.jpg

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Zerase

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
oh wow . a few years ago i'd found a lesley & roberts tailcoat ( trousers too !)

it was a bit later (1960 iirc) but yes probably the very best tailoring i've ever handled .
I kind of collect tailcoats so if you ever stumble across something that is approximately 40R, DM me :)

Nataku

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Audio guys - totally out of my wheel house. Was at work and the warehouse guys were tossing these. They all seemingly turn on but I wouldn't really know what to do (tune ups etc). Any tips would greatly be appreciated.
A quick google shoes they're not worth too much so they might be destined for the donation bin in the end.
View attachment 1689347

That Realistic would be an easy $100 and some change on Craigslist of FB marketplace if it powers up and works (plug in some headphones and test it out with the radio). Volume is likely crackly/staticy, which is super common on these vintage receivers. Easy fix (deoxit on the pots). I never mess around with that stuff as it's usually more work than it's worth. I just test for power and sometimes test out the controls with the radio (vol, bass, treble, etc) to let whoever the buyer is know what it may need in terms of TLC.

I'd personally consider the Technics stuff to be donation fodder, but one could probably get $30-$60 out of the set. Good saves. Keep that stuff out of the landfills. ?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads