• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HansderHund

Distinguished Member
Staff member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Recent finds, continued...

Nothing available at the moment.

fullsizeoutput_215f4.jpeg

Thought this was cool:

fullsizeoutput_215f5.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_215f7.jpeg

Oakley Minute, Inmate, Fives 1.0. The prices on the Inmate are insane.

fullsizeoutput_215f8.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_215f9.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_215fa.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_215fb.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_215fc.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_215fd.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_215fe.jpeg

These are still sold for €40-45, this one is NOS:

fullsizeoutput_21606.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_215ff.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_21600.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_21602.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_21603.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_21604.jpeg

I've got a few sweaters from Bernhard Altmann. The company has an interesting history, though it's not around any longer. I don't remember all of the details, but it was an older company that ramped up production and facilities throughout Austria. After the Anschluss, Bernhard Altmann fled and the company was taken by the Nazis. After the war, it was returned to Altmann, but production equipment and raw materials were gone. He had either family or connections in the US and got things up and running quickly with imported materials and equipment. I feel like he eventually opened some production in the US, but I can't remember. Anyway, it became successful before major declines and insolvency in the '80s or '90s.

The knitwear I see is always very nice and these socks are no exception.

fullsizeoutput_21605.jpeg

Nyarlathotep

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

That's fugazi I'm afraid, it should have the country of manufacture between the brand name and composition and the colour of the tag is wrong, it should be a metallic golden yellow. Finally, most telling of all, they've used Babelfish to translate the composition to other languages. The second to last is Finnish and it's complete gibberish, it reads 'extra finely earn woollen'

HansderHund

Distinguished Member
Staff member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Recent finds, continued...

Nothing available at the moment.

I always pick up nice knives when they're cheap. These are all made by various Swiss, German, and Austrian makers.

fullsizeoutput_21601.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_21607.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_21608.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_215a3.jpeg

Nice old portfolio. Great leather:

fullsizeoutput_21609.jpeg

Made for an Italian scaffolding company:

fullsizeoutput_2160a.jpeg

I don't post a lot of nice watches, unlike @impuntura, but this was a no brainer. I think the photos make it looked more banged up than it really is.

fullsizeoutput_2160b.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_2160c.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_2160d.jpeg

@dadjeans : Another Birks piece! Weird that I've come across two this year, I'm assuming from the same person (?). This is missing its front snap, but I don't mind.

fullsizeoutput_2161f.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_21620.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_21621.jpeg

I don't see much info out there about this flanker from 2007, but it's really nice. Completely full bottle and wasn't priced up which was a treat.

fullsizeoutput_21622.jpeg

Bought this one at the same time as the above:

fullsizeoutput_21623.jpeg

I had never sampled this but am in love with it. I get all pine in the opening, something I love.

fullsizeoutput_215c1.jpeg

Thanks Hans!!

My pleasure! Hope a good number of people want to participate this year!

carreragt7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oakleyyy Inmattte have a cult following because they were the sunglasses that Denzel Washington wore in the Booook of Eliii, @HansderHund .
I’ve got a pair but the rubber sleeves on the arms need replacing and they were hard to find last I checked. Jealous of that pair, ha.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 38.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics