• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Woofa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Still no clothes but I did pick up these four paintings for our house. Don't like the frames but that is easy to change.
20211016_151856.jpg
20211016_151851.jpg
20211016_151846.jpg
20211016_151842.jpg

Used my half price coupon and got all four for about $80. Artist is Spencer Lee, not much online but love when I can score four originals.

Nataku

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Some stuff from the past week and a find from the summer that I likely forgot to post, but finally broke out since it's season appropriate now.

Wishing these Inco cargos were a size or so smaller....

DSC09910.JPG

DSC09914.JPG

DSC09904.JPG

DSC09895.JPG

An interesting collab that I was unaware of until I found these.

DSC09961.JPG

DSC09965.JPG

Vintage Polo tweed harrington

DSC09883.JPG

No mohair left behind. This one has some issues but couldn't leave it.

DSC09947.JPG

DSC09949.JPG
Been passing on Oxxford for awhile now, but these patterns were too great to leave behind.

DSC09920.JPG

DSC09985.JPG

Figured I couldn't go wrong with a recent solid gray suit. Well, got home and in the better lighting I noticed faint coffee stains on one pant leg. Anyone interested for cost + shipping before it gets returned? 44-46 R ish. 23.5" chest, 20.5" shoulder, 25" sleeve, 32" length TOC.

DSC09986.JPG

DSC09974.JPG

DSC09975.JPG

My new favorite sweater

DSC09989.JPG

DSC09990.JPG

DSC09992.JPG

1930's newsboy cap. A vintage hat that actually fits my big head! Been rocking this one all week. Hard to read but it looks like it may be a Wormser brand cap from what little I can make out of the inside stamped markings. Found this one over the summer and have been waiting until the cool weather arrived to break it out. This one is bittersweet, as it was the only clothing item left. The rest of the clothing had been thrown away. God knows what got tossed....

DSC09987.JPG

DSC09988.JPG

flipstah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Some stuff from the past week and a find from the summer that I likely forgot to post, but finally broke out since it's season appropriate now.

Wishing these Inco cargos were a size or so smaller....

View attachment 1686603

View attachment 1686604

View attachment 1686605

View attachment 1686607

An interesting collab that I was unaware of until I found these.

View attachment 1686611

View attachment 1686612

Vintage Polo tweed harrington

View attachment 1686613

No mohair left behind. This one has some issues but couldn't leave it.

View attachment 1686614

View attachment 1686615
Been passing on Oxxford for awhile now, but these patterns were too great to leave behind.

View attachment 1686618

View attachment 1686638

Figured I couldn't go wrong with a recent solid gray suit. Well, got home and in the better lighting I noticed faint coffee stains on one pant leg. Anyone interested for cost + shipping before it gets returned? 44-46 R ish. 23.5" chest, 20.5" shoulder, 25" sleeve, 32" length TOC.

View attachment 1686639

View attachment 1686619

View attachment 1686621

My new favorite sweater

View attachment 1686633

View attachment 1686634

View attachment 1686637

1930's newsboy cap. A vintage hat that actually fits my big head! Been rocking this one all week. Hard to read but it looks like it may be a Wormser brand cap from what little I can make out of the inside stamped markings. Found this one over the summer and have been waiting until the cool weather arrived to break it out. This one is bittersweet, as it was the only clothing item left. The rest of the clothing had been thrown away. God knows what got tossed....

View attachment 1686651

View attachment 1686652

gotta give it to the house man. Sweep hard!

todays find
97B8935F-60DE-4AA3-BEF4-4E8746A7705C.jpeg
ACA81053-039E-4EEE-9BB6-8991BE3B9329.jpeg

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A couple of jerseys, a CycleOps Fluid trainer (I sold the last one I found for $100 cash), and a spare front wheel for my mountain bike.

AA43E7BD-1425-4D56-9C43-0D27F4940BF9.jpeg

F35F252E-694A-43EA-9675-E24178DC9E15.jpeg

Last edited:

MMiUSA

Reaction score
Did an entire day out thrifting yesterday, here is some stuff I found. Nothing super crazy, but some really cool finds:

Golden Fleece Navy Bomber Jacket. Did notice an unfortunate hole in the front left pocket once I got home. Still pretty cool. No sizing on it, but it looks fairly small. Made in USA.

IMG_8399.JPG
IMG_8402.JPG

Next up is a top coat I could use some help identifying. This thing is pretty cool. Made in England, "pure new wool" tag that look pretty vintage. Really nice piece. A couple smaller spots of damage / wear (as you can see in the one picture). Anybody have info on what this coat could be?
IMG_8417.JPG
IMG_8419.JPG
IMG_8420.JPG
IMG_8422.JPG
IMG_8423.JPG
IMG_8424.JPG

Irvine Park brand is nothing special, but this next vintage pullover sweater was too cool to not pick up IMO. I am sure the right buyer will appreciate this. Haha.

IMG_8432.JPG
IMG_8433.JPG

And this is by far my favorite piece of the day... a pretty rare item that I was devastated to find stains on when I got home. It is a BIGI Tokyo INSPIRE Blazer. A Sample at that. Super cool, not something you find every day for sure. The photo lighting though found some stains on one sleeve that I didn't see under the thrift lights unfortunately.
IMG_8441.JPG
IMG_8437.JPG
IMG_8440.JPG
IMG_8443.JPG

I never say no to a Zegna tie:

IMG_8511.JPG
IMG_8513.JPG

Got several other things that will be good, but these are the highlights IMO.

Anybody got any tips for the stains on the Inspire blazer? There is no material tag, so I am not even sure what it is made out of.

lasted

Reaction score
You’re not the only one out and about Frenchy!

thrift funded eatzzz

not a bad find today for a tenner and if anyone is in Pilmico area, Octavia store has mustard yellow Drakes 42R for 100gbp. Spicy number but not my size :(

View attachment 1685550 View attachment 1685551 View attachment 1685552 View attachment 1685553 View attachment 1685612
Sadly can’t give a lot of praise about the food in London, but Dishoom was a regular breakfast destination. Damn, now I’m jonesing for a bacon naan roll and akuri. Hope you’re having a great trip!

Ich_Dien

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Next up is a top coat I could use some help identifying. This thing is pretty cool. Made in England, "pure new wool" tag that look pretty vintage. Really nice piece. A couple smaller spots of damage / wear (as you can see in the one picture). Anybody have info on what this coat could be?
View attachment 1687265 View attachment 1687266

Looks like Chester Barrie to me. I had some old T&A tailoring with a similar label.

The style is a "British Warm" btw, often private purchase for officers and worn after service similar to a trench coat etc.

HansderHund

Distinguished Member
Staff member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Screenshot 2021-10-18 at 15.11.59.png

It’s time for our 10th annual Thrift Thread Gift Exchange!

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the state of the world's postal systems, packages may be delayed (again) this year. I advise everyone to have a bit of patience and, if possible, ship as early as you can. Additionally, PLEASE SEND TRACKED PACKAGES AND KEEP THE TRACKING INFORMATION. When packages go missing, insurance requires this information.

This year, we will be using an online gift exchange platform. I have created a group and you will need to register with an email address. From there, you’ll be able to fill out a wishlist and mailing address and anonymously contact your gift exchange partner.

See below for further information.

Many of you have participated in the past and know how it works, but others are new to the scene. Read below for all of the pertinent information!

What to do now:
  • PM me (HansderHund) and tell me you’d like to join
  • Send your $10 Ronald McDonald House donation (address provided once you PM Hansderhund)
  • Follow the link in the reply PM to register online for the exchange

If you’d rather not read all of the information, here are the key points:

• In order to participate, you must have a minimum of 100 posts. These posts can be anywhere on StyleForum, not necessarily in the thrift thread. No exceptions have been/will be made for those with fewer than the required number!
  • As we have done in previous years, a donation to StyleForum’s favorite charity (The Ronald McDonald House) is required. This will be donated once StyleForum opens their donation drive in December. Should StyleForum not have a donation drive as they didn't last year, a suitable charity will be chosen. If you’d rather not participate, but would still like to donate, that’s fine!
  • You will need to confirm to me by 31 October that you’re in this year.
  • Please post a photo and thank you of what you receive. It’s fun to see what everyone receives!

Timeline:

• Register (PM me) by 31 October 2021
  • Names drawn on 1 or 2 November 2021
  • Send ALL gifts by 1 December 2021

If you would like to be inspired by last year’s gifts, check out this thread:

Register Online for the Gift Exchange
This year, we will be using an online service to handle the name-drawing, addresses, and communication between members. You will receive a link to join the group once you have PMed me. If you've previously registered, you can probably just log into your old account.

NEW THIS YEAR: You can now add your mailing address in your profile. It will only be seen by whomever draws your name. This is the easiest option to get your address to your partner.

From the link, you’ll be asked to create an account. You’ll only enter your email address, create a password, and then enter a username. IMPORTANT: Do NOT get creative with a username, use the same username from StyleForum. I will remove anyone I can’t identify.

Once you’re registered, you’ll be in our group and you can then add things to your “wishlist.” Please add anything you’d like, any sizes, anything you don’t want, etc. This will really help your partner.

Once names are drawn (on 1 or 2 November), you’ll find out for whom you’re shopping. Your first job is to add your mailing address to your account. If your partner has not added their address, you can contact them anonymously via the messaging function. Check your inbox on the profile page to see whether you have new messages. You can always get in touch with your partner anonymously if you have questions later.

That’s it!

Donation:

You'll receive a PayPal address via PM. Please add your SF username to the “notes” section.

What it’s all about:

The thrift thread gift exchange is just that...a gift exchange among the voluntary members of the thrift thread. You will receive the name/contact information of a fellow member for whom you will buy a gift or gifts. The gifts can be thrifted, discount purchased, or retail, but the recommended spending limit is $25 + shipping. If you're shipping internationally, you will easily spend as much on shipping as on the gifts.

We have a timeline for registering for the exchange and when gifts should be sent.

It’s that simple!

FAQs

How do I get involved?

Send me (HansderHund) a PM saying that you’d like to join and you will receive a link to the online registration.

How do I know I won’t get screwed?

You (nor I) don’t. We’re all relative strangers, so it’s really banking on the goodwill of other members. I don’t vet participants other than by post count. Having said that, it’s been overwhelmingly successful up to this point as far as I know. Aside from a couple of members not receiving their gifts (but were later compensated), we’ve done well. That means we’ve had hundreds of strangers exchange gifts via postal service around the world based only on trust.

Why do I have to pay you $10?

Once you tell me you’d like to join, I’ll send you a PM telling you to send $10. Last year, we were able to raise $400! The $10 shouldn’t be a huge deal, but it is a mandatory requirement for participation. If I don’t have your donation in before drawing the names, your name will be removed from the list.

Does the person that I have also have my name?

No. It’s a drawing of names, so the only time two people will have one another is by chance. This happens occasionally.

How are the names drawn?

This year, we are doing an online drawing, so you must be registered at the link that is sent to you via PM. If you’re not registered on the site, you won’t be able to participate.

What if I don’t like/need my gifts?

This is important: you are free to do with your gifts what you want. That means you may sell, trade, use, throw away, donate anything that you don’t like or need. No one should have their feelings hurt if they see their gift passed along in a trade or listed on ebay. It’s hard enough buying things for people you know well, let alone strangers, so try not to feel too bad.

What should I get my member?

Whatever you think they will like! If you know/have had contact with your member, you have an advantage. However, if you don’t know them, stick to safe items.

Some easy suggestions are:
Ties
Pocket squares
Books
Shoe polish/laces
Braces
Shoe trees
Wallets/small leather goods

You can of course go for anything sartorial of your choosing.

How much do I have to spend?

No one will know how much you actually spent, so you’re free to spend as little or much as you want. The recommended maximum is $25 before shipping, but whatever you feel comfortable with spending is most important.

Will I have to ship internationally?

Possibly! By signing up for the gift exchange, you’re agreeing to send a gift to someone. We have active members across North America, Europe, Asia, and Australia (possibly other locations, for all I know). International shipping will obviously be more expensive than domestic no matter where you are, but it isn’t required that you ship anything EMS/Priority.

What happens if I don’t get my gift?

Anyone that hasn’t received a gift by 1 January 2022 is free to contact me and I will hand over the user name of the person that was supposed to send you a gift. At that point, you’re free to contact them or blast them on the thread. Let’s keep in mind, though, that we’re not talking about thousands of dollars/euros/pounds, but rather €/$/£20-30. IMPORTANT: If there’s no resolution by 15 January 2022, you will receive a gift card to Amazon .com/.de/.co.uk/etc. and the matter will be closed. The person that had your name will simply be barred from future drawings.

What if I live in a sartorial wasteland and can’t find anything before December?

As a last minute gift, you can always have gift cards sent from Amazon, eBay, etc. Additionally, you can buy something online and have it sent directly to your member.

What if I don’t want/need a gift?

That’s no problem. Choose your favorite charity that accepts online donations and direct your person to donate $25.

Can I make a list of what I want/don’t want?

Yes! The online gift exchange has a dedicated spot for adding a wishlist. Make it easier for your partner and fill it out to the best of your ability!

Who will receive my address/information?

There is a place on your Sneaky Santa profile to add the address. If your guy has not added their address, simply use the messaging function.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 81 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.4%

Forum statistics

Threads