• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

GM-H

Reaction score
I don’t really know anything about watches, I do okay for $20?
75898A73-D27B-44FB-90D0-9A6C1ED5F23D.jpeg
E9429900-916F-4270-AD6C-37EF2B15FD6F.jpeg
6624FD54-855A-4F15-84D2-959FD189827C.jpeg

MJMcRibb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

impuntura

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That Cyma is very cool.basically a trench watch but can't call it that because the lugs are fixed on a trench so you can't lose it during combat .
However I'm pretty sure they came with fixed lugs and after the war they just made the same model with non fixed lugs for the public.
I bet you of you removed that crystal it's probably a very clean dial,might even be porcelain.

madeinbogota

Reaction score
I was thinking don't remove the tag but damn didn't think of it like that

That’s what I’m wondering, but maybe only Ralph knows the truth ??‍♂️

carreragt7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@GM-H I’d be interested in any or all 3 of those for personal use, haha. I’ll send you a PM.

@drlivingston probably has good insight on the RL library piece being discussed. (He knows everything about everything but especially RL if I’m remembering correctly).

@Centaurus3200 you left out the resident King of Audio @Nataku but luckily for you he’s a nice guy and probably won’t hold it against you... but if he does just look out for the dopest Mad Men looking assassin driving down the street in a sweet VW and you might have a chance at escape.

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Just picked this up. It’s a vest version of Marty Mcfly’s denim jacket worn in Back to the Future. Along with the jacket counterparts these vests were made by Guess in 1984.

Anyone else collect BTTF costume pieces? Guess jackets, jeans, Class 5 vests? I love hearing stories of these things turning up in thrift stores :)
View attachment 1678664 View attachment 1678666

My dude, the vests and jackets are frankenstein mock-ups at best, and the stories, they’re fake!
:hide:

Yeah, unfortunately, the BTTF jacket was a one-off, never mass-produced by Guess. Some of the vests and jackets made that year (viewable in old catalogs) are *kind of* similar, but in that ugly, separated at birth kind of way.

You did say costume pieces, though, so maybe you meant the mock-ups (many of which are now vintage themselves), so who knows.

I don’t think there’s been a Class 5 item posted in this thread (certainly not an orange vest). From what I understand, it was a pretty small Oregon-based company without many old pieces floating around.

The biggest mystery to me is still the Shah Safari shirt. I don’t think it’s been 100% proven that that was the brand, though they did make similar shirts in ‘85. I’m not sure anyone’s produced a short-sleeved version for internet consumption.

Anyway, the mystery for me is why they never surface online. Like, they were a huge brand; other shirts from that period pop-up; why not that one? (It’s not like it’s immediately recognizable, either, without the context of the jacket and vest).

In short: outside of the sunglasses or skateboard, it seems terribly hard to actually collect much of anything real related to that film.

So…what is your interest and level of nerdery?

I love looking for 80s stuff in general. Similar artifacts from other films excite me — few of which anyone would recognize.

This summer, I came cross a straw hat from Party Camp, a Vision shirt from The Wizard, and a Gotcha shirt that appeared in the 1988 late night HBO classic Beach Balls.

Im still looking for that Class 5 vest. :violin:

EDIT:

8FA7C715-BCC7-48FB-A198-81AEDEAA358D.jpeg
24660A36-AA49-4C4E-86C2-19551650B68D.jpeg
36605F6F-1473-4A90-A73C-5532963AA7F4.jpeg

Some Gotcha from Roger Corman’s Beach Balls… :eh:

Last edited:

carreragt7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@noob in 89 you’ve got too much free time! Me, on the other hand, I have no time because this isn’t fully functional just yet...
96357FC5-3A4A-4794-9162-ED950F997D44.jpeg

Edited to add: I used to have one of those jackets. But I think I must’ve left it in the delorean or one of the times we visited because with can’t find it anywhere. I think the fellow you quoted has asked me about it a few times but I don’t think I’ve ever figured out what I did with it.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads