• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

jkidd41011

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't have a standalone cd player and i realized that 'vintage' cd players are just as ****** looking as I remember them to be. Electronics were half price today (well it was all weekend but I didn't realize it until 7:00 this evening) so I spent $7 on a Samsung BD-D6700 DVD player. Slot loading, blue ray 3D, dual hdmi ports, ethernet port, wifi, 1 gig onboard storage plus a bunch of inboard apps that I will never use. What excited me was that it still had the factory contact paper on top so the aluminum case is virginal :slayer:

View attachment 1648056

Going with a DVD player is a great option. Some of the better ones will play SACD’s.

mrcmcklwht

Reaction score
PICT4554.JPG
PICT4555.JPG
PICT4556.JPG
PICT4557.JPG
PICT4558.JPG
PICT4559.JPG
PICT4560.JPG
PICT4561.JPG
PICT4562.JPG
PICT4563.JPG
PICT4564.JPG
PICT4565.JPG
PICT4566.JPG

serapian wallet
PICT4567.JPG

legit?
PICT4568.JPG
PICT4569.JPG
PICT4570.JPG
PICT4571.JPG
PICT4572.JPG
PICT4573.JPG

carreragt7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’ll be real for a moment, life has been a real shitshow for a few months with unexpected move (worst time as the local housing market is one of the hottest in the country right now and it’s extremely hard to find any form of housing), premie son, etc., and I thought it was time for it to get better.
I was wrong. First day back from baby PTO and my employer is trying to force me into a 2.5hr round trip commute to a different location in order to keep my current title... fun stuff. But this might force me into the purging of material excess I’ve acquired over the years and maybe I’ll actually get serious about selling stuff off to turn a profit instead of a hoarding hobby.

My life might be full of stress, but at least many of my chairs are Stresslessss and this is a newly acquired true thrift find. Haha. Any thoughts on model name specifics @Sartoriamo or anyone else? Label says item no 5forty1 but that doesn’t seem to pull up much info on that newfangled inter webs thingy. Jeeves wasn’t very helpful, at least.

12E1F70B-CD55-4A0E-8138-04FC2E3C6B3C.jpeg

Last edited:

Sartoriamo

Reaction score
I’ll be real for a moment, life has been a real shitshow for a few months with unexpected move (worst time as the local housing market is one of the hottest in the country right now and it’s extremely hard to find any form of housing), premie son, etc., and I thought it was time for it to get better.
I was wrong. First day back from baby PTO and my employer is trying to force me into a 2.5hr round trip commute to a different location in order to keep my current title... fun stuff. But this might force me into the purging of material excess I’ve acquired over the years and maybe I’ll actually get serious about selling stuff off to turn a profit instead of a hoarding hobby.

My life might be full of stress, but at least many of my chairs are Stresslessss and this is a newly acquired true thrift find. Haha. Any thoughts on model name specifics @Sartoriamo or anyone else? Label says item no 5forty1 but that doesn’t seem to pull up much info on that newfangled inter webs thingy. Jeeves wasn’t very helpful, at least.

View attachment 1648593
Most likely that's their "Consul" model, which was one of their best selling models for many years. Hard to say without seeing the tag underneath it. It's possible it's one of their later models, like the "Admiral", but either way, a gorgeous pickup. The patina is so natural on that, I wouldn't even mess with it, unless the darkening on the arm fronts is superficial. Otherwise, lovely the way it is. Like a fine writer's chair, but better for the back.

On a side note, those of us who've accumulated more mileage on the odo are more likely to be sensitive to the benefits of exquisite furniture, particularly chairs, then those of later generations (your time will come).

While absolutely nothing bothers us in our 20s 30s, 40s, and on, there comes a point where inferior seating simply cannot be tolerated (for me, back in my early 60s). Most recliners suck, as they pretty much always release the back before the footrest lifts, but there are times you want to stay upright, yet still have your feet up. Like WFH.

So the stool/ottoman combo is by far the best option for those of us who like to relax with our feet up. And that's why Ekornes Stressless chair/ottoman combos will still flip fast and with great margin to customers who are thrilled they got them for that (mostly discriminating boomers like me) Win win. Getting harder to find, though . . . and more competition.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 45 40.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 44 39.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 18 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 25 22.5%

Forum statistics

Threads