• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jackstraw001

Reaction score
Not finding much but at least what I am finding is quality. Not bad for $1.

20210727_174557.jpg 20210727_174640.jpg 20210727_174741.jpg

CWOyaji

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This bike needs some bar tape and a hosing down but it is circa year 2000 full Campagnolo Record in carbon, right down to the bottom bracket. Titanium frame, Rolf Vector Pro wheels and hubs, hits all the gears. Insane deal for $112 on senior day. It looks like a race bike for the U of Michigan racing team, but the colors are the same as my youngest son's alma mater (UC Santa Barbara) and he's been looking for a road bike, so if the frame is the right size I'm going to give it to him..
D3DD8151-5F9D-4B00-8AD6-F0DDFAEE6F9A_1_201_a.jpeg

NIB floor pump and FitBit.
FC72D838-5945-4707-AF9E-062590AEC868.jpeg

I'm wearing the FitBit Charge 2 these days, which I got primarily to see the heart monitor info. The sensors are on the wrist and there's no chest strap required, unlike my old Polar from years ago. The information it syncs to your phone is very detailed, here is just part of it. Also ties in to the GPS, with altimeter etc., lots of useful data. This was my ride yesterday morning.
IMG_6476.jpeg

This isn't me, it's Harrison Ford a couple of days ago in London, looking pretty fit for 79.
063AA797-EB67-4B97-97C4-EB2C4D4D88A9.jpeg

@Purplelabel LMK if you want me to proxy these for you.
E2A0A8C9-68EE-417D-AE21-3741545B5C2F_1_201_a.jpeg

Last edited:

Purplelabel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This bike needs some bar tape and a hosing down but it is full Campagnolo Record in carbon, right down to the bottom bracket. Rolf carbon wheels and hubs, hits all the gears. Insane deal for $112 on senior day. It looks like a race bike for the U of Michigan racing team, but the colors are the same as my youngest son's alma mater (UC Santa Barbara) and he's been looking for a road bike so if the frame is the right size I'm going to give it to him..
View attachment 1645076
NIB floor pump and FitBit.
View attachment 1645071
I'm wearing the FitBit Charge 2 these days which I got primarily to see the heart monitor info. The sensors are on the wrist, there's no chest strap required unlike my old Polar from years ago. The information it syncs to your phone is very detailed, here is just part of it. Also ties in to the GPS, with altimeter etc. It's very useful. This was my ride yesterday morning.
View attachment 1645083
This isn't me, it's Harrison Ford a couple of days ago in London, looking pretty fit for 79.
View attachment 1645067
@Purplelabel LMK if you want me to proxy these for you.
View attachment 1645075

interesting. Those are made for tourists! They’re everywhere in central London.

Rumpelstiltskin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have an antique oak sideboard that my stereo sits on. It has storage space for all of my records, storage space for all of my cds plus a couple more drawers for nick knacks

I hate it with a passion!

As a result I have been scouring thrift stores as well as the interwebz for a replacement piece. About a month ago I saw an ad for this on Facebook marketplace

1625019000553_image.png

I quickly sent a message but alas I was too slow and it was no longer available

sad.

To be continued

Last edited:

Rumpelstiltskin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have an antique oak sideboard that my stereo sits on. It has storage space for all of my records, storage space for all of my cds plus a couple more drawers for nick knacks

I hate it with a passion!

As a result I have been scouring thrift stores as well as the interwebz for a replacement piece. About a month ago I saw an ad for this on Facebook marketplace

View attachment 1645110

I quickly sent a message but alas I was too slow and it was no longer available.

sad.

To be continued

Last Friday a little after midnight I was chatting with this chap via text and giving him suggestions for his next set of speakers and the while voicing my all around disdain for the aforementioned piece of furniture. He tried to cheer me up by sending me pictures of credenzas and record consoles and doing his best to hone in on my style. After that convo ended I started scrolling through Craiglist, Etsy & Fbook marketplace and saw the ad for the console was still up with the status as Pending. I dashed off a quick message

I know you said this wasn't available anymore but the ad is still listed as "pending" so I am just double checking

but I really did not expect to hear back. To my surprise the lady responded at 1am and said "It is no longer pending It was not picked up"

I was super excited but I was going out of town in a few hours so I arranged to pick it up on Monday after I got back. Monday came but I was bone tired plus a freak rain & hail storm blew in so I put it off until today.

fxxfcdy.jpg

ExQPaMz.jpg

EITgkYZ.jpg

FVsBTdK.jpg

NV3SgPs.jpg

Note: that wall was painted last week and is about to get repainted because I was told that I chose the wrong accent wall :brick:

She even had the original manual and it was in damn near pristine condition. And while I will never use them, the internal solid state radio and turntable still work

NZ8FATz.jpg

I think I did pretty good for 10 bucks

Last edited:

Rumpelstiltskin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This one will be a gift to my son, but if CraigslistSF is any indication I think the market for titanium road bikes here is pretty healthy. Seems to be the case for all kinds of bikes in the US these days. Shortages
View attachment 1645330

Bikes have been in extremely short supply since the beginning of COVID. The demand skyrocketed while supply chains vanished into smoke

Thrift Vader

Forum Mechanic
Reaction score
Last Friday a little after midnight I was chatting with this chap via text and giving him suggestions for his next set of speakers and the while voicing my all around disdain for the aforementioned piece of furniture. He tried to cheer me up by sending me pictures of credenzas and record consoles and doing his best to hone in on my style. After that convo ended I started scrolling through Craiglist, Etsy & Fbook marketplace and saw the ad for the console was still up with the status as Pending. I dashed off a quick message

I know you said this wasn't available anymore but the ad is still listed as "pending" so I am just double checking

but I really did not expect to hear back. To my surprise the lady responded at 1am and said "It is no longer pending It was not picked up"

I was super excited but I was going out of town in a few hours so I arranged to pick it up on Monday after I got back. Monday came but I was bone tired plus a freak rain & hail storm blew in so I put it off until today.

fxxfcdy.jpg

ExQPaMz.jpg

EITgkYZ.jpg

FVsBTdK.jpg

NV3SgPs.jpg

Note: that wall was painted last week and is about to get repainted because I was told that I chose the wrong accent wall :brick:

She even had the original manual and it was in damn near pristine condition. And while I will never use them, the internal solid state radio and turntable still work

NZ8FATz.jpg

I think I did pretty good for 10 bucks
Deetz on the truck?

Purplelabel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I fixed up that Epiphone last night with some 10-52 and a good setup. It needed some electrical repairs but nothing major.

It plays well, but I haven’t been able to play plugged in properly yet. Though it sounds like an unplugged hollow body when played without an amp
ACB36505-3F25-44A8-A2AC-6BD57D3D2E96.jpeg

DCF99B4F-8F5E-45A0-BA24-668B88429630.jpeg

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads