• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

dadjeans

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Would you believe me if I told you I still find all this **** either by foot or by bike?

:-D
Respect. Back before I got the dadmobile, I used to thrift by foot and public transit. I once tripped running for the bus and couldn't break my fall because I had bags full of clothes in both hands. Broke my nose on the sidewalk. A random passerby freaked out when he saw all the blood and called an ambulance.

I looked real pretty delivering a talk with two black eyes and a mangled nose at our annual company-wide meeting two days later.

Last edited:

Nobilis Animus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Respect. Back before I got the dadmobile, I used thrift by foot and public transit. I once tripped running for the bus and couldn't break my fall because I had bags full of clothes in both hands. Broke my nose on the sidewalk. A random passerby freaked out when he saw all the blood and called an ambulance.

I looked real pretty delivering a talk with two black eyes and a mangled nose at our annual company-wide meeting two days later.

Jesus... couldn't you just fall on the soft clothes instead?

(braces for inevitable cries of horror from the forum :hide:)

Nobilis Animus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Lol. Yeah, I tried to (and failed). Clearly running isn't my strong suit. The chunky, double-soled vtg Bostonian shell longwings I was wearing probably didn't help either.

I don't really understand running. It's been years since I've gone past a brisk walk for anything. If I ever ran for a bus, it might look like the ride was important to me. :rotflmao:

Centaurus3200

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
that's been my beef with some higher end RL pieces. namely RRL. they have the whole "child of the depression Americana vibe", but make a large majority of the stuff overseas. i mean would it kill them to find american manufactures... like skyblue in SF, work with Vidalia Mills and the like to make their RRL garments? perhaps a collab with Goodwear for uber-high end RRL leathers?

but what do i know... RRL leather A2 flight jackets go for as much money used as high end American repros... and they're made in china.

$50 at most I assume

Last edited:

Centaurus3200

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've been work from home since March 2019. Literally the only reason I'd go back to the office in San Francisco (once that's an option again) is to hoof it to thrifts at lunch.

Unfortunately, one of my goto's was a victim of the pandemic. A thrift in the tenderloin. Oh man, the **** I've seen there... And by that, I mean actual human feces ?

Respect. Back before I got the dadmobile, I used thrift by foot and public transit. I once tripped running for the bus and couldn't break my fall because I had bags full of clothes in both hands. Broke my nose on the sidewalk. A random passerby freaked out when he saw all the blood and called an ambulance.

Purplelabel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Great chair great blanket ,but that price tag is ******* ridiculous.
Wonder how much they paid the worker in Nepal to make it.
And I thought the Avalon was expensive ****.

flipstah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Back at the office = AC life

YAY

*waits for UK restrictions to lift*

TheRolls321

Reaction score
And I thought the Avalon was expensive ****.
Ditto. When I found this I jumped on it. It’s even more expensive than Hermes’ Nepalese made cashmere blankets. Wonder how RL got to $6k. It is a Thick and Heavy blanket though. Could very well be the softest carpet I’ve ever owned

Purplelabel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ditto. When I found this I jumped on it. It’s even more expensive than Hermes’ Nepalese made cashmere blankets. Wonder how RL got to $6k. It is a Thick and Heavy blanket though. Could very well be the softest carpet I’ve ever owned
I would’ve too, though can’t beat my £25 Avalon pickup :box:

Nobilis Animus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Need help with this t-shirt, guys: Christian Dior x Daniel Arsham.

I'm leaning into about 60/40 not authentic, but hard for me to say.

001.jpg
001 (2).jpg
002.jpg
004.jpg

The interior stitching is good on the inside shoulder/arm and throughout the rest:

006.jpg

The bigger tag has been washed, so the text is hard to make out, but in the right reflection it reads:

023J615B0554
S
100% Coton - Cotton - Algodao
(yada, yada... )
Made in ITALY
ITALIA

007.jpg
009.jpg

The full tag is exactly like the one in this thread (minus the size difference) which was bought from the actual Dior store: https://www.reddit.com/r/DesignerRe...l_dior_daniel_arsham_eroded_logo_tshirt_pics/

Probable drawbacks: collar attachment seems different, and also the stitching holding the wash tag in place - but I have no idea if these vary or not.

Last edited:

eazye

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Respect. Back before I got the dadmobile, I used to thrift by foot and public transit. I once tripped running for the bus and couldn't break my fall because I had bags full of clothes in both hands. Broke my nose on the sidewalk. A random passerby freaked out when he saw all the blood and called an ambulance.

Hahahaha, aw man. That same situation happened to me kind of. I had two bags from j crew in my hands and was running for a bus. Tripped, basically did a whole summersault, tore a hole in my pants and skinned the **** out of my knees. I got up, bloody knees and all to still try and catch the bus, but the motherfucker didn't wait for me. Just kept on going. :mad:
that's been my beef with some higher end RL pieces. namely RRL. they have the whole "child of the depression Americana vibe", but make a large majority of the stuff overseas. i mean would it kill them to find american manufactures... like skyblue in SF, work with Vidalia Mills and the like to make their RRL garments? perhaps a collab with Goodwear for uber-high end RRL leathers?

but what do i know... RRL leather A2 flight jackets go for as much money used as high end American repros... and they're made in china.
RRL used to make some stuff in the US. Not sure if they do anymore.

JamesJohn

Reaction score
@Nobilis Animus I am almost certain that is fake. Just some red flags and that interior tag being so faded doesn’t sit well with me. The Dior label looks off to me too. I know they changed the label recently but it doesn’t look right with the silver that color.

Nobilis Animus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Nobilis Animus I am almost certain that is fake. Just some red flags and that interior tag being so faded doesn’t sit well with me. The Dior label looks off to me too. I know they changed the label recently but it doesn’t look right with the silver that color.

The silver is actually lighter (crappy lighting), but I agree that the tag seems a bit weird. I'm more concerned with the way the interior tag has been stitched in, and the fact that I don't see another size tag inside.

I just couldn't bring myself to return it before checking in first, since it's my size. Would Dior authenticate something like that? lol

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads