• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

speckledstuff

Reaction score
First incotex for me. Two moleskin pants which will be great when it gets colder out.
6FCCF399-9AA5-460C-BCFA-E90B51855DF5.jpeg

Then have been thrifting a lot of lululemon lately (love me some athleisure). Unfortunately a lot of the local stores price them up where I don’t cop but luckily these fell through the cracks. Must be because the tags weren’t attached and the logo is quite small.
C9E7C8C7-8B3C-4C7F-A2AB-50B140EA25C5.jpeg

Nobilis Animus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

JamesJohn

Reaction score
@impuntura that’s really cool. Do you find that Toronto has been pretty damn slow and not much “great finds” since it reopened?

impuntura

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@impuntura that’s really cool. Do you find that Toronto has been pretty damn slow and not much “great finds” since it reopened?
Actually it's been pretty damn good considering the restrictions still enforced ,I just don't post something unless it's really interesting .I'll.do.a June round up in a couple of weeks

Centaurus3200

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
be prepared - middle age man rant below...

i find it ironic these kids drool over vintage rock T's... but most likely don't give a crap about the bands themselves. you ever try and quiz one of them about the actual music from the band shirt they are wearing or coveting?

and what does "everything good" mean? i doubt they know shell from their own assholes. or anything about classic menswear. just like every young adult from every generation. they think they know everything.

it KILLS ME in retrospect all the shirts i did not buy from the bands i saw in the 80's and 90's. the one time i did, i gave it to a friend after it was totally trashed. tour shirt from the my bloody valentine loveless tour at the roxy in NYC. it was in shreds by the time he tossed it in the early 2000's.

but the "what if's" are ridiculous... RHCP mother's milk, butthole surfers hairway to steven, jane's addiction nothing shocking, nirvana in utero, rush - roll the bones/presto tours, mazzy star she hangs brightly, the jesus and mary chain, pixies doolittle , bob mould workbook, here's an odd one... Loop a guilded eternity.

i'm not counting the bands i saw at lollapalooza in 1993...
Primus, Alice in Chains, Dinosaur Jr., Fishbone, Arrested Development, Front 242, Babes in Toyland, Tool, Rage Against The Machine... the odd thing is i really only remember primus (because some naked dude streaked the stage and arrested development - because i was like "a bit of an odd choice?".

i was a kid, didn't have money for the shirts and hated waiting in line. i don't want to think about what those tour shirts are worth today. i probably wouldn't have them either way by now anyway.

Not sure why Burberry didn't spoiler, oh well, sure it was user error.
I usually hit the 12:30 bins round 3 or 4 times a week. Got there 45 minutes late one day, all the regular hype kids were leaving and said "don't bother, we got everything good" I just smiled and said i'd take a quick look. As I approached the end of a row of bins, I saw an elderly Spanish woman throwing things out of her cart and back into bins. These two caught my eye.
View attachment 1626460 View attachment 1626461 View attachment 1626462 View attachment 1626463 View attachment 1626464 View attachment 1626465

Made my day, for one, the look on hype kids faces when I came out with them, and two, Rush is probably my favorite band of all time, only time they aren't is when I listen to Pink Floyd. And I was at both the Providence and Worcester shows on the Presto tour.

Last item (and story) Another of my favorite bands is Alice in Chains. About 5 or 6 years ago I pulled a Tshirt from bins, but was still doing mostly CM at the time so didn't understand how rare and hard to find t's could be. Two of the kids were trying to work out a trade, but one had nothing of interest to the other one. So we worked a 3 way (preemptive TWSS) and I got a nice POLO Country blanket lined chore jacket, passed on my AIC Tshirt to kid A, who gave Kid B the jacket he wanted. I really started to regret the trade when I realized I couldn't find the exact t anywhere online, not even sold listings. A couple of months ago Kid B shows up wearing the T, saying he got it in a trade with Kid A. I asked if he wanted to trade it back to me, and we worked out a deal for a Florida Panthers jersey and Patriots hat. Best trade ever in my mind.

View attachment 1626474

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads