• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Rumpelstiltskin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
nMbPaA6.jpg

0yOwt7e.jpg

Sansui G-9700. This is a massive beast so I nicknamed it 'Tiny'.

Ok it's not an actual thrift but more like a rescue since I got it for free :cool:. I just wanted a little shine because I haven't found quality **** in over 2 weeks and really anything I have found has clearly been piddly **** :rotflmao:. With this acquisition I am now motivated to flip my current main receiver. I had previously stripped off the synthetic veneer (read: woodgrain contact paper) so I'm going to re-veneer it in real walnut before I list it and the proceeds will fund new thrift acquisitions.

wUAhvLv.jpg

Last edited:

JackFlash

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Pease Stop Donating Trash, Goodwill Stores Beg

It’s unclear whether or how much rising trash costs affected all 156 independent Goodwill agencies in the United States and Canada and 12 affiliates in other countries. Goodwill Industries International, of which the local independent agencies are members, doesn’t collect data on trash expenses, Itzkowitz said.

But last year, such costs totaled $1.2 million for Goodwill Northern New England, which operates 30 stores in Maine, New Hampshire and Vermont. Unusable donations became a problem for the agency even before COVID-19 struck; its trash expenses have spiked 155% in the past five years, it estimates.

Less trash. More Kiton! :teach:

Last edited:

drlivingston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those seem like some of the higher quality fakes around. Rolex on the rehaut, seemingly good lettering on the Daytona, were they autos too?
Yes, autos... The Chinese are getting more savvy with the details. These even had Loctite residue on the link pin threads. :lol:

Sartoriamo

Reaction score
So I do a quick daily scan of the local GW when I go to drop off packages. Heading down an aisle towards the shoe area, I hear a couple of the staff in a "spirited discussion" about an item that the senior staffer was saying "needed to be kept at the counter" and shouldn't be out on the shelves. Hmmmm . . . whazzup?
IMG_0571.jpg

Yep, instakop Bose Aviation Headset A20 AHX-32-01. Sure, marked up a little "because Bose", but not that much, and I had my 20% coupon, so a happy 2 minutes' "work" . . . These sell fast for solid $$$. I still find myself wondering who turns this stuff in . . . estate probably, but don't they look them up? Oh, well . . . Thank you, whoever you are . . .
IMG_0570.jpg

Sartoriamo

Reaction score
I think I’d have redone my entire house to match those ekornes twins. Don’t think I could’ve sold them.
In a normal world, I would totally concur. Their futuristic, angular styling and that saddle leather are simply stunning, but at the time (2018, IIRC) I was in a challenging situation financially and didn't even have a house to put them in. I was staying with a friend and keeping my eBay stuff in a storage unit. :-( They are my favorite of the Ekornes styles. But I needed the $3500 at the time. They are definitely amongst the handful of items I most regret selling, but sometimes circumstances force the issue. The good part was that the buyer (from Craigslist) also wanted a $2250 Andrew LeBlanc Novus chair (won at auction for $20), but his wife wouldn't let him spend the extra so he swapped me a $6K mountain bike for it. I still have the bike, so there's that . . .

Purplelabel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’ll take that for a dolla!
80BFF6A6-0B99-42A6-AF99-4B20319FBE43.jpeg
A5E7FDE3-CB35-4381-87F9-2E9A220C4FCC.jpeg

Rumpelstiltskin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Found and sent these to my nephew so he can pseudo-flex on his homies.

1621539991327.png

Even the fakes you find are vastly superior to the fakes that I have encountered. I'd pseudo flex that Daytona so hard I would fool myself into believing it was a real flex

impuntura

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I believe those are Swiss fakes ,AAA quality.
Google them on YouTube ,even authorized dealers are fooled till they start looking at the movements .just look a this article.

drlivingston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Google them on YouTube ,even authorized dealers are fooled till they start looking at the movements .just look a this article.

A jeweler friend looked at them and was amazed that they had the small laser-etched crown on the crystal.

JohnMRobie

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Good lord - $1500 for a fugazi

Rumpelstiltskin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In a normal world, I would totally concur. Their futuristic, angular styling and that saddle leather are simply stunning, but at the time (2018, IIRC) I was in a challenging situation financially and didn't even have a house to put them in. I was staying with a friend and keeping my eBay stuff in a storage unit. :-( They are my favorite of the Ekornes styles. But I needed the $3500 at the time. They are definitely amongst the handful of items I most regret selling, but sometimes circumstances force the issue. The good part was that the buyer (from Craigslist) also wanted a $2250 Andrew LeBlanc Novus chair (won at auction for $20), but his wife wouldn't let him spend the extra so he swapped me a $6K mountain bike for it. I still have the bike, so there's that . . .

I need to up my furniture game because gawd knows what I have unknowingly passed up

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads