• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

mrcmcklwht

Reaction score
This looks real to me, but I don't know anything about versace. Any opinions?
PICT4551.JPG
PICT4552.JPG
PICT4553.JPG

impuntura

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Regarding all the BMX talk.
Gearing up to get ready to get the vaccine soon and was looking for my health card and came across a box with some pics from way back .
This was probably 1983 or 1984 ,not sure what the whip is but I ******* spent a lot of time on it.
20210424_104920.jpg

Zerase

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gearing up to get ready to get the vaccine soon and was looking for my health card and came across a box with some pics from way back .
This was probably 1983 or 1984 ,not sure what the whip is but I ******* spent a lot of time on it.
View attachment 1599181
You looked like a douche even as a child <3 <3 <3

Sartoriamo

Reaction score
a View attachment 1598835

Those Sassetti look real nice. I have a pair of the RLPL made in Italy with that nail on leather tag on the sole and I know I researched it and at least according to what I found that was the high end stuff made by Sassette to be near EG level.
XIII, eh? $12.99 for Sassettis? Cool. I think this was the first pair I've kopped with their own name on.
@Sartoriamo I like how you always spin a yarn about your thrifting adventures / process.
I appreciate you.
Hey man, thanks for that. Always love a good story. I guess I "enjoy" the process/context (almost) as much as the kop. Even when it's as frustrating as hell. But better still when we prevail.
That is the Swedish flag ??
Oops, my bad. Sheesh, the jacket even says "Swedish melancholy at its driest". Duh. Too much surströmming, I guess.
when you leave the house at the crack of dawn to drive 2+ hours to an estate sale only to find out the owner decided to keep the only thing you came for
Well dang, I hope there was something else worth kopping that didn't show up in the sale previews.

Zerase

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oops, my bad. Sheesh, the jacket even says "Swedish melancholy at its driest". Duh. Too much surströmming, I guess.
Man that **** is for the inbred F***ers in the northern parts of the country. I won't get anywhere near that putrid ******* fish.

impuntura

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Man that **** is for the inbred F***ers in the northern parts of the country. I won't get anywhere near that putrid ******* fish.
Watch the Trailer Park Boys episode when they go to try it in Sweden I think .

Purplelabel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

never having that fish again. Mum made me eat it when I was a kid...
Still haven’t forgiven her.

drlivingston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
View attachment 1599181
Holy ****, dude! That thing is rare in the US. That's a 1983 Kynast BMX 2000 Super Star.
@Thrift Vader Check this out.

330CK

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Well dang, I hope there was something else worth kopping that didn't show up in the sale previews.

there was but it was already walking out the door even though I thought I got there an hour early. keeping a mental note on this sale company for sure.

was finally able to negotiate a better price on this rare Karl Springer pedestal tho so the day wasn’t an entire waste

FE5E888F-96F5-499C-BEF2-DB84A0B8E05E.jpeg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics