• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

impuntura

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I filled out their "contact us" form and got a little FAQ pop-up saying that they don't replace missing stuff. I suppose I'll just ask anyways and use ebay if that doesn't work. Thank you! :^)

Well no I didn't mean they will replace it for you like a missing button,you have to buy them ,I know I've seen them for sale on their website awhile back .

impuntura

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well no I didn't mean they will replace it for you like a missing button,you have to buy them ,I know I've seen them for sale on their website awhile back .

There is also a few on Etsy and Grailed

Rumpelstiltskin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
1619052236436.png

Those blue chukkas are hot AF. 9½?

carreragt7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Had a rather eclectic assortment of finds today.
First up, some samples from some shoe brand.

DDA231B4-69A1-44CE-B01B-19F76F51FB61.jpeg

Hardly used slottt car set in box with everything
13D00553-A0F1-4551-8097-9FD1CE69B7FD.jpeg

Unknown home brew speaker:
DA063794-9B7F-4B46-8FC6-5A73EA2BAE69.jpeg

definitely worth the gamble, haha.
D0AD83D8-2E19-4DDA-B458-14E101D2DD4E.jpeg

rhyme

Reaction score
Highlight today for me is a stone island pullover... Does it look legit to you guys? Also, does anybody know where to get a replacement badge? I swear someone mentioned it on this thread before.
SI will not give or sell you a spare badge. I found a banging parka recently and I sent them an email with certilogo pictures and they declined my request.

There are a few Facebook groups that might be able to help you out. Mercari and postmark have them occasionally but lot of fakes so be careful.

Rumpelstiltskin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Those Scalextric tracks are expensive. I bought a basic track for my son (seems like forever ago) with a couple 911s for something like $200+. Then "we" bought a couple extra (Fly Racing) cars and each was around $80 or so...maybe more. Those cars actually go up in value

Thrift Vader

Forum Mechanic
Reaction score
Agreed... Looks to be around a 1993 model. Would need to see a pic of the other side of bike. Restoration to original would be a fun adventure. Certain parts like the GT dropnose saddle and cranks could be acquired without too much effort. Correct decals would be another story. Can't tell the condition of the chainring from this angle. But, it looks like the original 44 tooth. Hopefully, it's not thrashed.
Yeah, The GT "power series" 1pce crank can be found easily.
But rather than restore to stock, I'd restore it to "period correct". which i think would command the same resale value if all cleaned up real nice. an all chrome GT is a desirable beer getter for many in our age group.
(I have one :devil:)
If you could get the period correct grips, that would be a boon.
Yeah, getting it to mid 90's rider spec would make that a supreme bike.

@Purplelabel We are old. . .

Last edited:

Thrift Vader

Forum Mechanic
Reaction score
Good eyes @Thrift Vader @drlivingston !
It’s a 93/94 M1. Everything is in really good condition besides the decals and a little surface rust. Well, the grips are too far gone to save.
From what I can tell it’s all original besides actual saddle not having any GTTT markings. It’s a viscount, though. Seat post has the GT sticker on it still. Bars are labeled as the expert model, so guess the PO could’ve mixed and matched a bit.
Looking at what a restored one of these went for on the feebay, people are crazy... I had an original M1 or similar model a few years back that I sold that I’m now regretting not holding onto for longer. If only I had a crystal ball...
Yeah man, great pickup. :worship2:

That V-brake adapter tho. . seems not stock, but period correct?
I'd just ditch the pegs and shine it up. Look for grips and a brake lever.

To other members. .
I say it every time. BMX is almost always money. If you find one, post it. and we'll tell you.

That said, I have a list of bikes i'm after. if you find one? I'll make a solid offer.

Last edited:

Purplelabel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Rumpelstiltskin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
DeJur Electra 8mm movie camera circa 1958 including original case, instructions and 2 rolls of Kovachome 25 with best used date of 6/1980

View attachment 1597312

View attachment 1597313

View attachment 1597337

View attachment 1597314

Left a $100 Harman Kardon Two Thirty reciever on the shelf at the spot that normally has overpriced electronics. Not really familiar with that brand's ancient products. Will do some investigation on it and might check back tomorrow because it will be half priced for Earth Day

View attachment 1597339

View attachment 1597340

Passed back for the Harman Kardon. Plugged it in and lights came on. Connected speakers but no sound. Changed inputs and still no sound. Noticed the fuse holder, opened it and found a blown fuse. Stripped some of my speaker wire (never leave home without it), jumped the fuse and viola: sound!

On line to pay right now. Oh and it's Earth Day so 50% off so it's only $50. Not bad on a low powered but relatively rare. Looks like this when powered on. Radio dials light when selected: right dial is FM, left dial is AM

Harman-Kardon-230.jpg

edit:

I was out of compressed air so the internal dust bunnies are still there. I gave it the basic disinfectant alcohol wipe down and changed the fuse. It's kinda cool that when phono or aux is selected the only illumination is the power button. It also has 2 phono inputs: one for magnetic and one for a ceramic. Vinyl addicts will love it. It makes jazz come alive

real pictures

CMBbybQ.jpeg

RvCgZPO.jpeg

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 38.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics