• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

impuntura

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Watch guys,or Rolex guys more precise.
What model is this dial off,has no markers .
Screenshot_20210420-183257_Gallery.jpg

Rumpelstiltskin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Went out to get bagels this evening, popped into the local thrift and for $12 walked out with this: an FDW-M8 magnetic trainer in perfect condition including instructions and spare parts(?) in a ziplock bag

1618980450095.png

Great! Now I can't use rain or the pollen count as an excuse to not go riding. I guess it's time to thrift a cycling computer that records from a wheels so I can see how far I have gone when I'm not going anywhere

Last edited:

SimonC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
$12 says you’ll be re-donating that within a week - they’re an absolute suffer-fest...

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Went out to get bagels this evening, popped into the local thrift and for $12 walked out with this: an FDW-M8 magnetic trainer in perfect condition including instructions and spare parts(?) in a ziplock bag

View attachment 1597029

Great! Now I can't use rain or the pollen count as an excuse to not go riding. I guess it's time to thrift a cycling computer that records from a wheels so I can see how far I have gone when I'm not going anywhere

Get on it! Here’s the view to my left: I rode on the trainer a little earlier.

30548D0A-2BCE-481F-933D-20105F75AB10.jpeg

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
With the adjustable resistance, could you just use a fixie? Either way, that's a sweet bike!

You could, but my trainer doesn’t have a remote adjustment. I have to change resistance by shifting.

And yeah, the Look 595 is an awesome bike. This one was a one-off paint job made as a prototype for Rock Racing. Look ended up not sponsoring the team.

drlivingston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Eyballs tell me it's a GT "Mach one" but could be wrong.
That looks like it would clean up nice.
If you want tips on restoration hit me up in PM.
Agreed... Looks to be around a 1993 model. Would need to see a pic of the other side of bike. Restoration to original would be a fun adventure. Certain parts like the GT dropnose saddle and cranks could be acquired without too much effort. Correct decals would be another story. Can't tell the condition of the chainring from this angle. But, it looks like the original 44 tooth. Hopefully, it's not thrashed.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads