• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

JohnAAG

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
proof im alive as I ran into @Shanejosephxxx today, we eyeballed each other behind masks for a bit until we finally realized it was us.

Also found a pair of Cartier Santos 62mm gordon gecko's yesterday for a tenner

Pics or it didn't happen!

I've been getting out a little bit
PXL_20210418_214730377~2.jpg
PXL_20210418_214811587~2.jpg

impuntura

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
proof im alive as I ran into @Shanejosephxxx today, we eyeballed each other behind masks for a bit until we finally realized it was us.

Spoo I've been following your insta now and then and just wanna say that pic you posted in that crazy Levi's Olympics Shearling was the **** .post it here if you can.
The reason why I bring it up is the Canadian teams uniforms came out and are being roasted pretty bad.
What do you guys think ,who did it better for this year's summer games ?
My favorite line has been so far that the US team looks like it's ready to go to the moon while the Canadians are going to the skate park.

Screenshot_20210416-120756_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20210416-120731_Chrome.jpg

kbadgley84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Orrrrrrr, @shanjosephxxx killed you and is posting from both accounts to throw off 12. Im onto you Shane

JohnAAG

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Spoo I've been following your insta now and then and just wanna say that pic you posted in that crazy Levi's Olympics Shearling was the **** .post it here if you can.
The reason why I bring it up is the Canadian teams uniforms came out and are being roasted pretty bad.
What do you guys think ,who did it better for this year's summer games ?
My favorite line has been so far that the US team looks like it's ready to go to the moon while the Canadians are going to the skate park.

View attachment 1595933 View attachment 1595934

Canadians are only wearing the top half their tuxedos, so it's semi-formal.

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

I appreciate that, it was 100% thrifted too (but not by me) (scarf, jean and boots were, and bottle was a gift from @JohnAAG

Screen Shot 2021-04-18 at 10.13.06 PM.png

flipstah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Rather than just going "fake" and leaving it at that. I'll go in depth:

Now we can't know for certain if that eBay listing is legit.. but since that's what the store was basing their pricing off of we can compare it to the watch in question and point out numerous differences between the two:

View attachment 1595477

Right away my eyes went to the bezel. The finish, font, sizing of marks and placement is pretty bad. Look at the 2 "30" marks. And then the top right area of the bezel with the lines... look how thick and close to the edge they are. The top lume dot (excuse the terminology, i'm not a horologist or obsessive collector) in the triangle appears to be completely missing as well.

The face/dial is pretty bad too. Those lume dots are so small, and the 6 o clock one is far too short.

Then the metalergy - The band.. The gaps between links is too large, and uneven/crooked looking. The brushed finish isn't correct, and the edges of the links are all rounded over too much.

I would've given the manager of that store a talking to.

Also a search would solve everything:

The pearl on top of the bezel is a good determination if it's fake or not. If it feels cheap, it probably is.

Great find @HansderHund ! That Valentino piece is dope.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics