• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Rumpelstiltskin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah **** that lady who owned the locker.
Her people are starving and she's hiding rolexes and 14K bottles of swill in storage ?

Haiti is the poorest country in the Western Hemisphere, of that there is no doubt (we won't get into how and why that came to pass). There are still wealthy and privileged Haitians on teh island as well as abroad and it seems this dude is one of them

Haiti is one of the most corrupt countries in the world probably want her stuff to begin with .

Did you even read the article? He's a dude, a Sorbonne educated banker/lawyer and was Haiti's former Consul General of Haiti in Montreal. It seems he was reassigned to the US and then to Geneva for a position at the UN so he had put his things in storage while moving to a different continent. This guy wasn't the everyday run of the mill dude in any country so I dunno why your weird attitude towards him.

Also to add,she was so well off apparently she "forgot" she even had all this stuff .that's why it got auctioned off.
Now I don't know about you but if I had that kind of swag in my locker that's something in would keep on top of.
And why was it even in a locker ...hmmmmmm

Looks like the storage company pulled a fast one on him. That's what insurance is for I guess

Last edited:

impuntura

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Haiti is the poorest country in the Western Hemisphere, of that there is no doubt (we won't get into how and why that came to pass). There are still wealthy and privileged Haitians on teh island as well as abroad and it seems this dude is one of them

Did you even read the article? He's a dude, a Sorbonne educated banker/lawyer and was Haiti's former Consul General of Haiti in Montreal. It seems he was reassigned to the US and then to Geneva for a position at the UN so he had put his things in storage while moving to a different continent. This guy wasn't the everyday run of the mill dude in any country so I dunno why your weird attitude towards him.

Looks like the storage company pulled a fast one on him. That's what insurance is for I guess

Yeah I read it ,I conflated the dude who owned it with the lady that bought it because I was reading it while thrifting and talking someone .
Okay I'll give you that .
And yeah just because he's ******* Sorbonne educated blah blah doesn't mean ****. where do you think that money came from,that ******* country is in shambles .you steal and then invest,but you steal first and if you don't believe that you are naive with a capital N .listen you will not convince me that this guy or his family didn't scam their way into a fortune one way or another ,and if you think otherwise I got a bridge to sell you.
BUT you are entitled to your opinion ,as am I.
Now Im gonna tell you where my opinion was shaped .I was born in 1974 in Poland ,while it was still communist .
So Iam very well versed in privileged cunts getting rich while in government positions while the rest of the people sufferered.
So my "weird opinion " is my REAL world experience ,I lived it.
I saw tanks during martial law in the streets in 1981 ,what did you see.
Your neighbour on your block and his Renault?
Dude please .
As far as him getting shafted ,no lol.
I'm friendly with the people that run my storage facility ,"100 percent of the time the blame is on the management "while they **** up and scramble to get their **** back because of their irresponsibility.
I'm not a cynic ,I'm just a realist .
But again you are entitled to your opinion .

Last edited:

carreragt7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Apologies for the horribly staged pics, haha. But check out this bad ass drop leafff wheeled bar cart by Heritagggge. Obviously both sides have the drop leaf option but I didn’t have time/space to do a proper staging.
I kind of already know the answer to this, but did people just become giants in the past 50 years? I feel like a lot of this true vintage stuff is 1/2 or 3/4 sized of what the modern day offerings are/would be. This thing is pretty small. My 3 yo daughter was asking if it was for her to put her dolls in, haha.
4E55429C-FF06-4269-9F83-C4B898491C68.jpeg
12F4E1D3-63BF-445F-8FB6-6B2339038E91.jpeg
A4325903-C307-45D8-95CB-F26CE103417C.jpeg
60820A16-A57F-44A0-8BA8-F2EC335950DC.jpeg

impuntura

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Side table ,you know what I would do with that?
Take the wheels off and thrift vintage dining table,the ones with the chrome base stand and mount that side table on top of that for exactly what you described ,a cool bar stand .

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 84 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 37.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics