• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

impuntura

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Also to add,she was so well off apparently she "forgot" she even had all this stuff .that's why it got auctioned off.
Now I don't know about you but if I had that kind of swag in my locker that's something in would keep on top of.
And why was it even in a locker ...hmmmmmm

bensm1th

Reaction score
1. Correct, but can be worn as a separate too. 2. No signs of wear at all. Though it was clearly tailored (functioning buttonholes, etc.)
This exact thing happened to me for my first post here two years ago. I found an orphaned RLPL chalk stripe jacket. I thought it was amazing, but everyone told me it was an orphan. Then, someone said to go back and find the pants, which I did find.

TMoxleyFTW

Reaction score
20210406_190720.jpg

5de7b12979d75746353261c2.jpeg.jpg

FWIW the neck looks super goofy in person

Jackstraw001

Reaction score

JohnAAG

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
View attachment 1588529
View attachment 1588530
FWIW the neck looks super goofy in person
Nice find! Most of the first batch of those that N.Peal produced back in 2019 had to be returned because they completely screwed up the shoulder patches. That's one of them. You can tell by counting the number of ribs along the collar line between the edges of the patches and comparing it to the poster sweater.

The boat neck with the drawstring is a feature Daniel Craig wanted to make the sweater look old school. Really surprised one of those is out in the thrifts already. If you need help selling it, DM me. I know lots of fans who would be interested (not looking for anything for myself. Just folks helping folks).

CWOyaji

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is from the era when Banana Republic had one store in Mill Valley, north over the Golden Gate Bridge from San Francisco.
180F74EE-1DC6-493C-9C49-339F78AE30BD.jpeg

It had a safari theme, with life sized stuffed animals like giraffes and zebras. And tusks.
Image 4-6-21 at 7.55 PM.jpg

They got the whole Indiana Jones vibe and made the most of it, before selling the company to The Gap.
1617764326043.png

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads